February 22, 2026 12:52 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Rahul Gandhi slams Modi as ‘compromised’, says PM can’t renegotiate India-US trade deal | Terror alert in Delhi: LeT may target Chandni Chowk with IED, say reports | US Supreme Court shocks Donald Trump on tariffs — but India may still end up paying more | PM Modi warns ‘AI must not control humans’ as India unveils bold tech vision at AI Impact Summit 2026 | Former South Korean President Yoon Suk Yeol sentenced to life over failed martial law bid | Tata Group joins hands with OpenAI in massive AI push to transform India and global industries | Epstein Files row: Bill Gates to skip keynote address at AI Summit 2026 | AI Impact Summit: Google launches game-changing America-India Connect plan with $15 billion backing | AI takes centre stage as Modi meets Google CEO Sundar Pichai in Delhi | G7 Spotlight: Emmanuel Macron invites Narendra Modi for 2026 Summit

Indian origin couple shot dead in US by daughter's ex-boyfriend

| | May 06, 2017, at 09:40 pm
Washington, May 6 (IBNS) : An Indian origin couple was shot dead in the US in an apparent revenge attack by their daughter’s ex-boyfriend who was eventually shot dead in a standoff with police.

According to reports in the local media, Mirza Tatlic, 24, had relationship with Rachel Prabhu, the couple's daughter. But it ended last  year.

Tatlic, who appeared to be driven by revenge, fatally shot Rachel's father Naren Prabhu, a Silicon Valley tech executive, in the doorway of his San Jose, California, home, before he killed his ex's mother inside.

"When officers arrived at the home they saw an adult man deceased in the front doorway suffering from at least one gunshot wound," media quoted San Jose Police Chief Eddie Garcia as saying.

"Officers learned from the adult son that his mother and 13-year-old brother, along with the suspect, were still inside the house. In addition, [he] thought his mom had been shot."

A standoff quickly developed with the suspect -- who was later identified as Mirza Tatlic -- and a SWAT team, which was called to assist at the scene. Neighbors were ordered to shelter in place.

As Tatlic, holed up in the house, did not pay heed to police to surrender and once peeped out of a window with a hand gun, one of the officers shot him.

Officers then went into the house and found the two deceased victims and the dead suspect, Garcia said.

Rachel lives in another state and was not home at the time of the shooting, which began around 9pm on Wednesday.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.