February 19, 2026 10:58 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
AI takes centre stage as Modi meets Google CEO Sundar Pichai in Delhi | G7 Spotlight: Emmanuel Macron invites Narendra Modi for 2026 Summit | AI Summit embarrassment! Galgotias University asked to vacate stall after ‘own robot’ exposed as China’s Unitree Go2 | Actor Rajpal Yadav granted interim bail in ₹9-crore cheque bounce case | Learn AI or become redundant: Microsoft India President issues stark message | India’s wholesale inflation rises to 1.81% in January as manufacturing prices surge | 'India at forefront of AI revolution': PM Modi welcomes world leaders to Delhi summit | Rs 5,000 to women ahead of Tamil Nadu polls! Vijay slams Stalin, says: ‘take the money, blow the whistle’ | Modi congratulates Tarique Rahman as BNP clinches majority in Bangladesh polls | Bangladesh Polls: Tarique Rahman-led BNP secures 'absolute majority' with 151 seats in historic comeback

Following missile launch, Ban calls on Iran not to increase tensions through ‘hasty actions’

| | Mar 11, 2016, at 03:11 pm
New York, Mar 11 (Just Earth News/IBNS):Following Wednesday’s ballistic missile launch conducted by Iran, United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon on Thursday called on the Government “to act with moderation, caution and the good sense not to increase tensions through any hasty actions.”

In January, Security Council sanctions previously imposed on Iran through resolution 2231 (2015) were terminated following the release of a report by inspectors from the UN International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA). The report confirmed the country had completed necessary preparatory steps to start the implementation of the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action aimed at resolving the nuclear issue.

“In that resolution, the Secretary-General notes, the Council called upon Iran not to undertake any activity related to ballistic iles designed to be capable of delivering nuclear weapons, including launches using such ballistic ile technology,” said a statement issued by . Ban’s spokesperson.

“The Secretary-General also notes that it is for the Security Council to examine information regarding resolution 2231 (2015),” it added, noting that the UN chief urges all concerned to act with restraint.

Photo: UNICEF/Patrick Andrade (file)
 

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.