February 16, 2026 07:38 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Actor Rajpal Yadav granted interim bail in ₹9-crore cheque bounce case | Learn AI or become redundant: Microsoft India President issues stark message | India’s wholesale inflation rises to 1.81% in January as manufacturing prices surge | 'India at forefront of AI revolution': PM Modi welcomes world leaders to Delhi summit | Rs 5,000 to women ahead of Tamil Nadu polls! Vijay slams Stalin, says: ‘take the money, blow the whistle’ | Modi congratulates Tarique Rahman as BNP clinches majority in Bangladesh polls | Bangladesh Polls: Tarique Rahman-led BNP secures 'absolute majority' with 151 seats in historic comeback | BJP MP files notice to cancel Rahul Gandhi's Lok Sabha membership, seeks life-long ban | Arrested in the morning, out by evening: Tycoon’s son walks free in Lamborghini crash case | ‘Why should you denigrate a section of society?’: Supreme Court pulls up ‘Ghooskhor Pandat’ makers

CVR of crashed AirAsia aircraft lifted

| | Jan 14, 2015, at 11:50 pm
Jakarta, Jan 14 (IBNS) The National Search and Rescue Agency (BASARNAS) of Indonesia on Wednesday announced that Cockpit Voice Recorder (CVR) of QZ8501 aircraft has been found and lifted from the seafloor.
The aircraft crashed into sea with 162 people aboard late last month.
 
 The CVR was found at a distance of approximately 20 meter from the location where the flight data recorder was found on Tuesday and it was lifted this morning, an AirAsia release said.
 
Following this finding, BASARNAS confirmed that both parts of the aircraft's flight data recorder and cockpit voice recorder have been evacuated and flown to Jakarta for further investigation. 
 
Meanwhile,  BASARNAS chief, Marshal Bambang Soelistyo visited the crisis center at Surabaya in East Java Region Police Headquarte to have a direct dialogue with the families.
 
During the dialogue, Bambang Soelistyo assured the families that the main SAR operation was still on-going and their main priority was to search and recover the passengers despite weather and underwater current challenges.
 
To date, BASARNAS has confirmed to have recovered a total of 48 bodies of which 36  have been identified.
 

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.