February 17, 2026 02:44 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Actor Rajpal Yadav granted interim bail in ₹9-crore cheque bounce case | Learn AI or become redundant: Microsoft India President issues stark message | India’s wholesale inflation rises to 1.81% in January as manufacturing prices surge | 'India at forefront of AI revolution': PM Modi welcomes world leaders to Delhi summit | Rs 5,000 to women ahead of Tamil Nadu polls! Vijay slams Stalin, says: ‘take the money, blow the whistle’ | Modi congratulates Tarique Rahman as BNP clinches majority in Bangladesh polls | Bangladesh Polls: Tarique Rahman-led BNP secures 'absolute majority' with 151 seats in historic comeback | BJP MP files notice to cancel Rahul Gandhi's Lok Sabha membership, seeks life-long ban | Arrested in the morning, out by evening: Tycoon’s son walks free in Lamborghini crash case | ‘Why should you denigrate a section of society?’: Supreme Court pulls up ‘Ghooskhor Pandat’ makers

Copenhagen attacks suspect shot dead by police

| | Feb 15, 2015, at 09:02 pm
Copenhagen, Feb 15 (IBNS): Copenhagen Police on Sunday said they had shot the suspected 'terrorist' responsible of killing two people and injuring five in shootings at a freedom of speech event and a synagogue in Denmark's Copenhagen, reports said.
According to reports, the suspected terrorist was killed hours after he attacked two sites and killed two people.
 
Denmark has been put on high alert on Sunday as hours after the first shooting at a cafe, a similar incident was reported from Copenhagen city where shots were fired near a synagogue in the city on Saturday night, taking the death toll to two, media reports said.
 
"In the second shooting one person was hit in the head, and two police officers suffered arm and leg injuries. The attacker is believed to have fled," BBC reported.
 
The man later died of his injuries.
 
Two police officers also were shot, but their wounds were not considered life-threatening, reports said.
 
Earlier on Saturday, at least one person was killed and three police officers were injured during a shoot out at a free speech debate in the city.
 
French diplomat Francois Zimeray, who was present at the venue, tweeted:  "Still alive in the room."
 
Swedish cartoonist Lars Vilks, who was also present at the venue when the attack took place, was not harmed, reports said.
 
It is not clear so far whether the two incidents are linked.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.