February 17, 2026 05:26 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Actor Rajpal Yadav granted interim bail in ₹9-crore cheque bounce case | Learn AI or become redundant: Microsoft India President issues stark message | India’s wholesale inflation rises to 1.81% in January as manufacturing prices surge | 'India at forefront of AI revolution': PM Modi welcomes world leaders to Delhi summit | Rs 5,000 to women ahead of Tamil Nadu polls! Vijay slams Stalin, says: ‘take the money, blow the whistle’ | Modi congratulates Tarique Rahman as BNP clinches majority in Bangladesh polls | Bangladesh Polls: Tarique Rahman-led BNP secures 'absolute majority' with 151 seats in historic comeback | BJP MP files notice to cancel Rahul Gandhi's Lok Sabha membership, seeks life-long ban | Arrested in the morning, out by evening: Tycoon’s son walks free in Lamborghini crash case | ‘Why should you denigrate a section of society?’: Supreme Court pulls up ‘Ghooskhor Pandat’ makers
China
Photo Courtesy: Pixabay

China: Top military court chief removed after 8 months of service

| @indiablooms | Sep 07, 2023, at 05:40 am

PLA’s Military Court president Cheng Dongfang has been removed from his position just after eight months in service, according to China's national legislature.

The Standing Committee of the National People's Congress (NPC) voted on a group of personnel changes, including the removal of Cheng, it said in a statement without elaborating, after a Friday meeting in Beijing, reports Nikkei Asia.

In December 2022, Cheng, a rear admiral in the PLA Navy, assumed the office of the president at the military court.

Before being appointed as the president of the military court, he was elected as a member of the Central Commission for Discipline Inspection during the Communist Party's 20th National Congress in October last year.

Previously, he was the prosecutor-general of the PLA's military procuratorate in 2021 after serving less than a year as the political commissar of the southwest Sichuan provincial command, reports Nikkei Asia.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.