May 22, 2026 07:47 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Big twist in RG Kar case! Calcutta HC orders fresh probe into evidence destruction allegations | Pulwama mastermind Hamza Burhan shot dead in PoK by unknown gunmen: Reports | NIA arrests Kolkata man for spying for Pakistan intelligence network | Cockroach Janta Party X handle withheld! Founder Abhijeet Dipke launches comeback account | Bengal govt makes Vande Mataram compulsory in all madrasas, extends school directive | RBI on alert! Interest rate hike may be coming as rupee crashes to fresh low | Big relief for Maharashtra employees! Fadnavis govt hikes DA to 60% | Twisha Sharma death mystery deepens as crucial evidence ‘not shared’ during autopsy: Report | Balcony Smiles, Colosseum Walks and ‘Melodi’ Magic: Modi-Meloni Chemistry Has The Internet Swooning Again | Big relief signal for Umar Khalid, Sharjeel Imam? Supreme Court questions earlier bail denial
Benjamin Netanyahu orders strikes on Gaza. Photo: Official X handle.

Benjamin Netanyahu orders ‘forceful strikes’ in Gaza after ceasefire breach allegations

| @indiablooms | Oct 29, 2025, at 12:35 am

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Tuesday ordered “forceful strikes” in the Gaza Strip, accusing Hamas of violating the fragile ceasefire that has been in effect since October 10.

The escalation came after Israel claimed Hamas fired on its troops in southern Gaza and returned the remains of a hostage already recovered two years ago, sparking outrage in Jerusalem.

According to the Associated Press, Israeli soldiers came under fire in Rafah on Tuesday, prompting a retaliatory response.

Shortly afterward, Netanyahu instructed the military to launch targeted strikes inside Gaza.

“Hamas has violated the ceasefire agreement -Israel will respond forcefully,” a senior Israeli official told the media.

Hamas delays hostage body handover

Minutes after Israel announced the strikes, Hamas’ Ezzedine al-Qassam Brigades said it would postpone the handover of another hostage’s body that had been scheduled for Tuesday evening.

“We will postpone the handover that was scheduled for today due to the occupation’s violations,” the group said in a statement to the media.

Tensions escalated further after Israel said the remains handed over on Monday by Hamas were those of Ofir Tzarfati, a hostage already returned in 2023.

Israeli government spokeswoman Shosh Bedrosian accused Hamas of “staging” the discovery.

“Hamas dug a hole, placed partial remains of Ofir inside, and handed it to the Red Cross,” Bedrosian told reporters.

In a statement released by the Israeli Hostages and Missing Families Forum, Tzarfati’s relatives said, “This is the third time we have been forced to open Ofir’s grave and rebury our son.”

While Israel vowed to “respond decisively,” international observers warned that the renewed hostilities could jeopardize the already fragile truce and further delay the return of the remaining 12 hostage bodies still unaccounted for under the ceasefire deal.

 

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.