February 16, 2026 05:51 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Rs 5,000 to women ahead of Tamil Nadu polls! Vijay slams Stalin, says: ‘take the money, blow the whistle’ | Modi congratulates Tarique Rahman as BNP clinches majority in Bangladesh polls | Bangladesh Polls: Tarique Rahman-led BNP secures 'absolute majority' with 151 seats in historic comeback | BJP MP files notice to cancel Rahul Gandhi's Lok Sabha membership, seeks life-long ban | Arrested in the morning, out by evening: Tycoon’s son walks free in Lamborghini crash case | ‘Why should you denigrate a section of society?’: Supreme Court pulls up ‘Ghooskhor Pandat’ makers | Bangladesh poll manifestos mirror India’s welfare schemes as BNP, Jamaat bet big on women, freebies | Drama ends: Pakistan makes U-turn on India boycott, to play T20 World Cup clash as per schedule | ‘Won’t allow any impediment in SIR’: Supreme Court pulls up Mamata govt over delay in sharing officers’ details | India-US trade deal: ‘Negotiations always two-way’, says Amul MD amid farmers’ concerns
Australia
Photo Courtesy: Unsplash

Australian woman allegedly gangraped in Paris ahead of Olympics, investigation ongoing

| @indiablooms | Jul 24, 2024, at 08:13 pm

French police have started investigating the alleged gangrape of an Australian tourist by five men in Central Paris ahead of the start of the Olympics in the upcoming days.

The 25-year-old woman took refuge in a kebab shop in the Pigalle district on Saturday morning with her dress partially torn off, BBC reported quoting local media.

No arrests have been made so far.

Prosecutors are reportedly treating the incident as 'gang rape'.

After seeing the condition of the woman, the owners of the restaurant called for help from police.

She was looked after by firefighters following the alleged assault and was later taken to Bichat hospital to be examined by medical professionals, BBC reported.

“The investigation into the charge of gang rape likely to have been committed on the night of 19 to 20 July has been entrusted to the second judicial police district,” Paris Prosecutor's Office was quoted as saying by the British media.

Security has been heightened in Paris by keeping in mind the grand sporting event which begins on Friday.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.