May 23, 2026 02:19 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Big twist in RG Kar case! Calcutta HC orders fresh probe into evidence destruction allegations | Pulwama mastermind Hamza Burhan shot dead in PoK by unknown gunmen: Reports | NIA arrests Kolkata man for spying for Pakistan intelligence network | Cockroach Janta Party X handle withheld! Founder Abhijeet Dipke launches comeback account | Bengal govt makes Vande Mataram compulsory in all madrasas, extends school directive | RBI on alert! Interest rate hike may be coming as rupee crashes to fresh low | Big relief for Maharashtra employees! Fadnavis govt hikes DA to 60% | Twisha Sharma death mystery deepens as crucial evidence ‘not shared’ during autopsy: Report | Balcony Smiles, Colosseum Walks and ‘Melodi’ Magic: Modi-Meloni Chemistry Has The Internet Swooning Again | Big relief signal for Umar Khalid, Sharjeel Imam? Supreme Court questions earlier bail denial
Syrian state TV anchor runs for cover amid Israel's bombing. Photo: Videograb/X/Israel Katz.

Anchor runs mid-telecast as Israeli airstrikes hit Syria's state TV building

| @indiablooms | Jul 16, 2025, at 08:54 pm

A Syrian TV anchor ran off camera during a live broadcast as Israeli airstrikes hit a state television building in central Damascus.

In a statement on social media, Israel's defence minister, Israel Katz said, "The warnings in Damascus have ended - now painful blows will come."

He shared a video of a live TV news broadcast, which showed a TV anchor running for cover as the building in Damascus got hit by a strike.

Katz also added that the Israeli military will "continue to operate forcefully" in Suweida.

Israel has recently intervened in clashes in Suweida, the area of southern Syria, amid ongoing tension between the minority Druze community and other armed groups.

Addressing the Druze community in Israel, Katz said the Israeli Defence Forces (IDF) will protect the community in Syria.

"Prime Minister Netanyahu and I, as Minister of Defence, have made a commitment - and we will uphold it," he added.

This is the third day in a row that Israel has struck Syria. Earlier in the day, Syria's Ministry of Defence building in the centre of the capital of Damascus was also targeted by an airstrike.

"A short while ago, the (Israeli military) struck the entrance of the Syrian regime's military headquarters in the area of Damascus in Syria," a statement read.

The strikes came as clashes continued in the southern Syrian city of Sweida. The strikes happened as the ceasefire between the government forces and Druze armed groups collapsed.

On Wednesday, Israeli Defense Minister Israel Katz said in a statement that the Israeli army "will continue to attack regime forces until they withdraw from the area - and will also soon raise the bar of responses against the regime if the message is not understood."

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.