February 17, 2026 04:26 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Actor Rajpal Yadav granted interim bail in ₹9-crore cheque bounce case | Learn AI or become redundant: Microsoft India President issues stark message | India’s wholesale inflation rises to 1.81% in January as manufacturing prices surge | 'India at forefront of AI revolution': PM Modi welcomes world leaders to Delhi summit | Rs 5,000 to women ahead of Tamil Nadu polls! Vijay slams Stalin, says: ‘take the money, blow the whistle’ | Modi congratulates Tarique Rahman as BNP clinches majority in Bangladesh polls | Bangladesh Polls: Tarique Rahman-led BNP secures 'absolute majority' with 151 seats in historic comeback | BJP MP files notice to cancel Rahul Gandhi's Lok Sabha membership, seeks life-long ban | Arrested in the morning, out by evening: Tycoon’s son walks free in Lamborghini crash case | ‘Why should you denigrate a section of society?’: Supreme Court pulls up ‘Ghooskhor Pandat’ makers
CharlieHebdo
WallpaperCave/Wikimedia Commons

Al-Qaeda threatens with new attack on Charlie Hebdo over Prophet Cartoons reprint: Reports

| @indiablooms | Sep 12, 2020, at 01:53 pm

Moscow/Sputnik: Al-Qaeda terror group (outlawed in Russia) has threatened with a new attack on the French satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo after the latter’s decision to reprint the caricatures of the Prophet Mohammed, French media reported.

Last week, Charlie Hebdo republished the controversial images of Prophet Mohammed, which are believed to be a cause of the 2015 deadly attack on the magazine.

The decision was made in light of the beginning of a trial of those, who are accused of providing attackers with assistance.

Al-Qaeda issued a statement ahead of the 19th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks, which were organized by the group, to condemn the new reprint of the cartoons, the AFP news agency reported on Friday citing a report of the SITE intelligence group.

The terrorists accused the French government of giving a green light to the republication of the images and stressed that Charlie Hebdo made a mistake if it thought that the 2015 attack was an act of one-time revenge.

The attack on the Charlie Hebdo office on January 7, 2015, was carried out by brothers Said and Cherif Kouachi, and in twelve deaths. Amedy Coulibaly, an associate of the Kouachi brothers, shot dead a police officer in Paris' southeastern suburb of Montrouge the following day and then took hostage and killed another four in the Hyper Casher store.

All three attackers were eliminated by security forces.  

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.