February 19, 2026 05:23 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
PM Modi warns ‘AI must not control humans’ as India unveils bold tech vision at AI Impact Summit 2026 | Former South Korean President Yoon Suk Yeol sentenced to life over failed martial law bid | Tata Group joins hands with OpenAI in massive AI push to transform India and global industries | Epstein Files row: Bill Gates to skip keynote address at AI Summit 2026 | AI Impact Summit: Google launches game-changing America-India Connect plan with $15 billion backing | AI takes centre stage as Modi meets Google CEO Sundar Pichai in Delhi | G7 Spotlight: Emmanuel Macron invites Narendra Modi for 2026 Summit | AI Summit embarrassment! Galgotias University asked to vacate stall after ‘own robot’ exposed as China’s Unitree Go2 | Actor Rajpal Yadav granted interim bail in ₹9-crore cheque bounce case | Learn AI or become redundant: Microsoft India President issues stark message

‘Yemeni people deserve no less,’ says Ban, urging start of peace talks

| | Apr 20, 2016, at 01:56 pm
New York, Apr 20 (Just Earth News/IBNS): United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon on Tuesday urged all parties to the peace process in Yemen to “engage in good faith” with his envoy, so that talks can start without further delay.

“The Secretary-General is convinced that seizing this opportunity to move the process forward will help resolve outstanding issues and bring the end of this prolonged conflict closer. The Yemeni people and the region deserve no less,” said a statement attributable to the UN chief’s spokesperson.

The Secretary-General noted that the Yemeni Government delegation has arrived in Kuwait and looks forward to the participation of the Ansar Allah and representatives of the General People’s Congress in the talks.

He also recalled the commitment of all parties to a cessation of hostilities, which took effect on 10 April, and to the convening of inter-Yemeni talks in Kuwait.

Yesterday, the Secretary-General’s Special Envoy for Yemen, Ismail Ould Cheikh Ahmed, announced that the start of the peace negotiations had been postponed.

Credit: OCHA/ Charlotte Cans

 

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.