February 22, 2026 04:59 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Rahul Gandhi slams Modi as ‘compromised’, says PM can’t renegotiate India-US trade deal | Terror alert in Delhi: LeT may target Chandni Chowk with IED, say reports | US Supreme Court shocks Donald Trump on tariffs — but India may still end up paying more | PM Modi warns ‘AI must not control humans’ as India unveils bold tech vision at AI Impact Summit 2026 | Former South Korean President Yoon Suk Yeol sentenced to life over failed martial law bid | Tata Group joins hands with OpenAI in massive AI push to transform India and global industries | Epstein Files row: Bill Gates to skip keynote address at AI Summit 2026 | AI Impact Summit: Google launches game-changing America-India Connect plan with $15 billion backing | AI takes centre stage as Modi meets Google CEO Sundar Pichai in Delhi | G7 Spotlight: Emmanuel Macron invites Narendra Modi for 2026 Summit
Houthi
Pixabay

Abu Dhabi: US intercepted 2 missiles targeting base in latest Houthi attack

| @indiablooms | Jan 25, 2022, at 02:41 pm

Washington/UNI/Sputnik: The United States successfully intercepted two missiles on Monday targeting Al Dhafra Air Base in the United Arab Emirates, the Central Command (CENTCOM) said.

Earlier on Monday, the Houthi movement launched a ballistic missile attack against the Al Dharfa military base and said it is ready to expand its operation against the UAE and Saudi Arabia.

The UAE defense ministry said the country's air defense systems successfully repelled the attack.

"US forces at Al Dhafra Air Base, near Abu Dhabi in the United Arab Emirates (UAE), engaged two inbound missile threats with multiple Patriot interceptors coincident to efforts by the armed forces of the UAE in the early morning hours of Jan[uary] 24, 2022," CENTCOM said in a press release.

"The combined efforts successfully prevented both missiles from impacting the base." There were no American casualties in the attack, the release said, adding that the air base houses about 2,000 US service members and personnel. US forces at Al Dhafra Air Base are ready to respond to any new attacks, release said.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.