February 16, 2026 05:49 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Rs 5,000 to women ahead of Tamil Nadu polls! Vijay slams Stalin, says: ‘take the money, blow the whistle’ | Modi congratulates Tarique Rahman as BNP clinches majority in Bangladesh polls | Bangladesh Polls: Tarique Rahman-led BNP secures 'absolute majority' with 151 seats in historic comeback | BJP MP files notice to cancel Rahul Gandhi's Lok Sabha membership, seeks life-long ban | Arrested in the morning, out by evening: Tycoon’s son walks free in Lamborghini crash case | ‘Why should you denigrate a section of society?’: Supreme Court pulls up ‘Ghooskhor Pandat’ makers | Bangladesh poll manifestos mirror India’s welfare schemes as BNP, Jamaat bet big on women, freebies | Drama ends: Pakistan makes U-turn on India boycott, to play T20 World Cup clash as per schedule | ‘Won’t allow any impediment in SIR’: Supreme Court pulls up Mamata govt over delay in sharing officers’ details | India-US trade deal: ‘Negotiations always two-way’, says Amul MD amid farmers’ concerns

7 Ukrainian soldiers killed in rebel attack

| | Sep 29, 2014, at 09:12 pm
Kiev, Sept 29 (IBNS): Seven Ukrainian soldiers have died in a rebel attack in the midst of cease-fire on Sunday night near the Donetsk airport in eastern Ukraine, media reported.

According to reports received, the soldiers were killed when a separatist shell hit their armored personnel carrier.

"Seven (Ukrainians) were killed late last night not far from Donetsk airport," spokesman Andriy Lysenko is quoted as saying by Reuters.

It was the largest loss of life among Ukrainian soldiers in a single incident since the ceasefire began on Sept. 5.

It has also been learnt that nine more Ukrainian soldiers were wounded in the attack and that separatist tanks had been destroyed in return fire.

On the other hand, in another rebel attack, three civilians were killed and five injured in eastern Ukraine's rebel-controlled city of Donetsk, media reported on Monday.

Ukraine President Poroshenko called the cease-fire, under pressure from Western governments, after his troops suffered big battlefield losses against the separatists in August.

Ukraine has accused Russia of supporting the rebels by providing arms and ammunition. But, Moscow denied all the charges.

A recent data released by United Nations showed that more than 3,500 people had been killed in the ongoing conflict, including 298 people who died when a Malaysian passenger plane flying over eastern Ukraine was brought down in July.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.