February 20, 2026 04:50 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
PM Modi warns ‘AI must not control humans’ as India unveils bold tech vision at AI Impact Summit 2026 | Former South Korean President Yoon Suk Yeol sentenced to life over failed martial law bid | Tata Group joins hands with OpenAI in massive AI push to transform India and global industries | Epstein Files row: Bill Gates to skip keynote address at AI Summit 2026 | AI Impact Summit: Google launches game-changing America-India Connect plan with $15 billion backing | AI takes centre stage as Modi meets Google CEO Sundar Pichai in Delhi | G7 Spotlight: Emmanuel Macron invites Narendra Modi for 2026 Summit | AI Summit embarrassment! Galgotias University asked to vacate stall after ‘own robot’ exposed as China’s Unitree Go2 | Actor Rajpal Yadav granted interim bail in ₹9-crore cheque bounce case | Learn AI or become redundant: Microsoft India President issues stark message

50 killed in Florida Pulse gay club attack

| | Jun 13, 2016, at 01:59 am
Orlando, June 12 (IBNS) At least 50 people were killed during the shooting at a gay nightclub in Orlando city of Florida, officials said on Sunday.

City's  Mayor Buddy Dyer told media: "50 people died in Pulse nightclub shooting."

A gunman, who was wielding an assault-type rifle and a handgun, took hostages and opened fire inside the Pulse nightclub which left 53 others injured.

The attacker was identified by officials as Omar Mateen.

Orlando Police Chief John Mina called the attack as one of the worst mass shootings in the history of the US.

"It is one of the worst mass shootings in our nation's history," he told media.

Video footage being shared earlier on social media show several emergency vehicles rushed at the spot.

The police said the shooting started at 2 am.

Police vehicles, including a SWAT team, reached the spot after the incident started.

Orlando Police tweeted: "OPD first responders and SWAT rescued at least 30 people from inside the club and brought them out alive."

The night club earlier posted on their Facebook page: "Everyone get out of pulse and keep running."

Orlando authorities were quoted as saying by CNN that they consider the violence an act of domestic terror.

One Facebook user Ricardo J. Negron Almodovar, who claimed he was inside the bar, wrote on his Facebook page: "I was there. Shooter opened fire @ around 2:00am. People on the dance floor and bar got down on the floor and some of us who were near the bar and back exit managed to go out through the outdoor area and just ran. I am safely home and hoping everyone gets home safely as well ."

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.