February 16, 2026 01:27 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Rs 5,000 to women ahead of Tamil Nadu polls! Vijay slams Stalin, says: ‘take the money, blow the whistle’ | Modi congratulates Tarique Rahman as BNP clinches majority in Bangladesh polls | Bangladesh Polls: Tarique Rahman-led BNP secures 'absolute majority' with 151 seats in historic comeback | BJP MP files notice to cancel Rahul Gandhi's Lok Sabha membership, seeks life-long ban | Arrested in the morning, out by evening: Tycoon’s son walks free in Lamborghini crash case | ‘Why should you denigrate a section of society?’: Supreme Court pulls up ‘Ghooskhor Pandat’ makers | Bangladesh poll manifestos mirror India’s welfare schemes as BNP, Jamaat bet big on women, freebies | Drama ends: Pakistan makes U-turn on India boycott, to play T20 World Cup clash as per schedule | ‘Won’t allow any impediment in SIR’: Supreme Court pulls up Mamata govt over delay in sharing officers’ details | India-US trade deal: ‘Negotiations always two-way’, says Amul MD amid farmers’ concerns

Bowling actions of Saeed Ajmal and Sohag Gazi found to be legal: ICC

| | Feb 08, 2015, at 03:50 am
Dubai, Feb 7 (IBNS): The International Cricket Council (ICC) on Saturday confirmed that following remedial work and retests, the bowling actions of Pakistan’s Saeed Ajmal and Sohag Gazi of Bangladesh had been found to be legal, and the players can now resume bowling in international cricket.

"In advance of any retest, a player who has been banned from bowling in international cricket, is required to identify the various types of deliveries he wants assessed, with a view to bowling those types of deliveries in international cricket should they be tested as legal," the ICC said in a statement.

"At the retests, it was revealed that the amount of elbow extensions in both the off-spinners’ bowling actions for all their deliveries was within the 15-degree level of tolerance permitted under the ICC regulations for the review of bowlers reported with suspected illegal bowling actions," the BCCI said.

The umpires are still at liberty to report Saeed Ajmal and Sohag Gazi in the future if they believe they are displaying a suspect action and not reproducing the legal actions from the retests.

To assist the umpires they have been provided with images and video footage of the two bowlers’ significantly remodeled legal bowling actions.

The retests were performed at the Sri Ramachandra University in Chennai on Jan 24.

Saeed Ajmal was reported after the first Test match against Sri Lanka in Galle in August, while Sohag Gazi was also reported in August after the second One-Day International against West Indies in Grenada.

Both Saeed Ajmal and Sohag Gazi failed the initial tests, which were performed on 25 August at the National Cricket Centre in Brisbane, and on 19 September at the Cardiff Metropolitan University, respectively.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.