August 22, 2026 05:03 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Rahul Gandhi stages dharna at Delhi police station over CJP protest crackdown, targets Amit Shah | CJP school tour turns chaotic in Jaipur: Cars vandalised, stones pelted as Ashutosh Ranka alleges BJP ‘goons’ attack | Vande Mataram row: Kangana Ranaut slams Sharmila Tagore, says ‘come out of Hindu-Muslim mindset’ | Jadavpur erupts again: ABVP-SFI clash, police barricades shattered as fresh tension grips area | Ex-Congress MP and 1984 anti-Sikh riots convict Sajjan Kumar dies while serving life sentence | India hits back at Pakistan: Structures outside High Commission demolished in Delhi | ‘Don’t daydream about my bedroom’: Kangana Ranaut fires back at Ramdev over ‘Gen Z’ row | Jadavpur University erupts at midnight: ABVP-Left student groups clash over meeting, BJP-CPI(M) leaders trade barbs | Vijay govt calls for action to stop students, youth from joining CJP, Left protests | Kolkata hotel fire kills 9: Bengal Minister Agnimitra Paul targets ex-TMC govt, CESC over licences

NIA files first FIR in Burdwan blast

| | Oct 10, 2014, at 04:27 pm
Kolkata, Oct 10 (IBNS) The National Investigation Agency (NIA) has filed its first FIR in the Burdwan blast case after the Centre handed over the case to top terror probe agency of India, said media reports on Friday.

Media reports said two more detentions have been made from Ketugram in Burdwan in the case. The men were taken into custody last night in connection with SIM card distribution.

After the arrest of two women involved in bomb making, the Criminal Investigation Department (CID) of West Bengal police had earlier arrested one  person in the Burdwan house explosion of Oct 2 that is being linked to terrorist groups from across the border with connections with al Qaeda, LeT and HUJI.

Another accused in the blast, Hasan Saheb alias Abdul Hakim, who was injured in the blast, was taken to SSKM Hospital in Kolkata on Thursday.

Police earlier said the men killed in the bast were linked to Bangladesh's  Jamaat-ul-Mujahideen Bangladesh.

Two bomb makers who died in the explosion were Shakeel Ahmed and Shobhan Mondal with the former hailing from Bangladesh.

Two women- Rejara Biwi and Amina Biwi- were arrested on Thursday in connection with the explosion in the two-storey house at Khargram, in the heart of Burdwan town.

Of the two women arrested, Rejara Biwi is the widow of Shakeel Ahmed while Amina Bibi is the wife of Hasan Saheb, the third suspected terrorist in the house who was injured and is now undergoing treatment.
 
Police said pamphlets and leaflets linked to al-Qaida and support for the cause of Chechen rebels were also found.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.