August 22, 2026 10:18 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Rahul Gandhi stages dharna at Delhi police station over CJP protest crackdown, targets Amit Shah | CJP school tour turns chaotic in Jaipur: Cars vandalised, stones pelted as Ashutosh Ranka alleges BJP ‘goons’ attack | Vande Mataram row: Kangana Ranaut slams Sharmila Tagore, says ‘come out of Hindu-Muslim mindset’ | Jadavpur erupts again: ABVP-SFI clash, police barricades shattered as fresh tension grips area | Ex-Congress MP and 1984 anti-Sikh riots convict Sajjan Kumar dies while serving life sentence | India hits back at Pakistan: Structures outside High Commission demolished in Delhi | ‘Don’t daydream about my bedroom’: Kangana Ranaut fires back at Ramdev over ‘Gen Z’ row | Jadavpur University erupts at midnight: ABVP-Left student groups clash over meeting, BJP-CPI(M) leaders trade barbs | Vijay govt calls for action to stop students, youth from joining CJP, Left protests | Kolkata hotel fire kills 9: Bengal Minister Agnimitra Paul targets ex-TMC govt, CESC over licences

Goa blasts: Terror angle ruled out

| | May 09, 2014, at 08:07 pm
Panaji, May 9 (IBNS) The Goa Police on Friday ruled out a terror angle in the two low-intensity explosions that shook Marago town on Thursday.

The police said as per preliminary reports, the blasts were triggered by "gauti bombs" (crude bombs).

Meanwhile, a team of National Security Guard (NSG) will reach Goa from Mumbai later on Friday to diffuse the remaining crude bombs present at the site.

A team of the Karnataka Police has also reached Goa on Friday to join the investigations since the person killed in the blasts was a resident of that state,

One person died and five others, including two children, were seriously injured in the two explosions at Marago town, around 30 kms from the capital Panaji on Thursday

Earlier, the Goa Police said they suspect gelatin sticks were used in the blast. 

No suspects have been arrested so far and neither the cause of the blasts is known. 

However, according to a few witnesses the blast occurred minutes after a suspicious looking person arrived in a scooter with a bag. 

Police are trying to get CCTV footage from the establishments around the blast spots. 

A bomb blast had rocked Margao in October 2009 when two persons – Malgonda Patil and Yogesh Patil, who had links with right wing Hindu organization Sanathan Saunstha, were killed while planting the bombs. 

 

 

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.