February 17, 2026 12:17 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Actor Rajpal Yadav granted interim bail in ₹9-crore cheque bounce case | Learn AI or become redundant: Microsoft India President issues stark message | India’s wholesale inflation rises to 1.81% in January as manufacturing prices surge | 'India at forefront of AI revolution': PM Modi welcomes world leaders to Delhi summit | Rs 5,000 to women ahead of Tamil Nadu polls! Vijay slams Stalin, says: ‘take the money, blow the whistle’ | Modi congratulates Tarique Rahman as BNP clinches majority in Bangladesh polls | Bangladesh Polls: Tarique Rahman-led BNP secures 'absolute majority' with 151 seats in historic comeback | BJP MP files notice to cancel Rahul Gandhi's Lok Sabha membership, seeks life-long ban | Arrested in the morning, out by evening: Tycoon’s son walks free in Lamborghini crash case | ‘Why should you denigrate a section of society?’: Supreme Court pulls up ‘Ghooskhor Pandat’ makers

Rwanda's COVID-19 cases jump to 36

| @indiablooms | Mar 24, 2020, at 01:13 pm

Kigali/Xinhua/UNI:  Rwanda's COVID-19 cases jumped to 36 on Monday from 19 cases on Sunday, the health ministry said in a statement.

Of the 17 newly-added cases, 16 were imported while the other one had contact with a previously confirmed case, said the statement.

Of the imported cases, nine were travellers from Dubai, the United Arab Emirates, three from Kenya, two from the United States, one from Qatar and one from India, it said.

All the patients are isolated from other patients and in a stable condition, said the statement, adding that the tracing of all contacts has been underway for further management.

The ministry reiterated the enhanced prevention measures announced Saturday, including closing non-essential businesses, suspending cross-city travels and banning non-essential movements outside home, must be rigorously observed.

Rwandan Health Minister Daniel Ngamije told Xinhua on Sunday that 68 percent of close contacts of the confirmed cases have been identified. Those with symptoms have been tested and others have been told to self-isolate at home, he said. 

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.