February 18, 2026 02:14 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Actor Rajpal Yadav granted interim bail in ₹9-crore cheque bounce case | Learn AI or become redundant: Microsoft India President issues stark message | India’s wholesale inflation rises to 1.81% in January as manufacturing prices surge | 'India at forefront of AI revolution': PM Modi welcomes world leaders to Delhi summit | Rs 5,000 to women ahead of Tamil Nadu polls! Vijay slams Stalin, says: ‘take the money, blow the whistle’ | Modi congratulates Tarique Rahman as BNP clinches majority in Bangladesh polls | Bangladesh Polls: Tarique Rahman-led BNP secures 'absolute majority' with 151 seats in historic comeback | BJP MP files notice to cancel Rahul Gandhi's Lok Sabha membership, seeks life-long ban | Arrested in the morning, out by evening: Tycoon’s son walks free in Lamborghini crash case | ‘Why should you denigrate a section of society?’: Supreme Court pulls up ‘Ghooskhor Pandat’ makers
New Zealand
Image: Pixabay

New Zealand reports no new cases of COVID-19

| @indiablooms | Jul 31, 2020, at 09:55 pm

Wellington/Xinhua: New Zealand reported no new cases of COVID-19 on Friday, with the number of active cases in the country being 20, all in managed isolation facilities, according to the Ministry of Health.

It has been 91 days since the last case of COVID-19 was acquired locally from an unknown source, according to the ministry.

The total number of confirmed cases of COVID-19 remains at 1,210, which is the number reported to the World Health Organization, said a ministry statement.

Four previously reported cases are now considered to have recovered, which brings the total number of active cases in New Zealand's managed isolation and quarantine facilities to 20, it said, adding there is no one in New Zealand receiving hospital-level care for COVID-19.

Legislation to allow the government to recover some of the costs for managed isolation and quarantine was introduced to Parliament on Wednesday.
"The bill will allow the government to charge for managed isolation and quarantine facilities. We have carefully considered how to design a system that is fair on arrivals and not a barrier for returning to New Zealand, especially for those who might already be experiencing financial stress," said New Zealand Minister of Housing Megan Woods on Wednesday.

"We want to share the costs in a way that fairly reflects the benefits to both the New Zealand public of having such a robust system, and those who leave and enter the country," she said.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.