February 17, 2026 04:50 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Actor Rajpal Yadav granted interim bail in ₹9-crore cheque bounce case | Learn AI or become redundant: Microsoft India President issues stark message | India’s wholesale inflation rises to 1.81% in January as manufacturing prices surge | 'India at forefront of AI revolution': PM Modi welcomes world leaders to Delhi summit | Rs 5,000 to women ahead of Tamil Nadu polls! Vijay slams Stalin, says: ‘take the money, blow the whistle’ | Modi congratulates Tarique Rahman as BNP clinches majority in Bangladesh polls | Bangladesh Polls: Tarique Rahman-led BNP secures 'absolute majority' with 151 seats in historic comeback | BJP MP files notice to cancel Rahul Gandhi's Lok Sabha membership, seeks life-long ban | Arrested in the morning, out by evening: Tycoon’s son walks free in Lamborghini crash case | ‘Why should you denigrate a section of society?’: Supreme Court pulls up ‘Ghooskhor Pandat’ makers

New Zealand confirms 2nd death of COVID-19

| @indiablooms | Apr 10, 2020, at 12:16 pm

Wellington/Xinhua/UNI: A second person has died of COVID-19 in New Zealand, the country's Ministry of Health said on Friday.

New Zealand reported 23 new confirmed and 21 new probable cases of COVID-19 on Friday, bringing the total number of confirmed and probable infections to 1,283 in the country.

Two people have died from COVID-19 so far, and 373 people have recovered, Director-General of Health Ashley Bloomfield from the Ministry of Health said at a press conference.

More than 46,000 tests have been carried out to date, Bloomfield said.

New Zealand entered a four-week lockdown, or epidemic response Alert Level 4, from March 25. The government wage subsidy scheme has helped more than 1 million Kiwis keep their jobs, according to the government.

Bloomfield said the cabinet will decide on the next steps on April 20, two days before the month-long lockdown ends.

The State of National Emergency to support the COVID-19 response will be extended a second time for a further seven days.

Health Minister David Clark said a range of support is being rolled out across New Zealand to help people look after their mental health during the COVID-19 outbreak.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.