February 17, 2026 10:10 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Actor Rajpal Yadav granted interim bail in ₹9-crore cheque bounce case | Learn AI or become redundant: Microsoft India President issues stark message | India’s wholesale inflation rises to 1.81% in January as manufacturing prices surge | 'India at forefront of AI revolution': PM Modi welcomes world leaders to Delhi summit | Rs 5,000 to women ahead of Tamil Nadu polls! Vijay slams Stalin, says: ‘take the money, blow the whistle’ | Modi congratulates Tarique Rahman as BNP clinches majority in Bangladesh polls | Bangladesh Polls: Tarique Rahman-led BNP secures 'absolute majority' with 151 seats in historic comeback | BJP MP files notice to cancel Rahul Gandhi's Lok Sabha membership, seeks life-long ban | Arrested in the morning, out by evening: Tycoon’s son walks free in Lamborghini crash case | ‘Why should you denigrate a section of society?’: Supreme Court pulls up ‘Ghooskhor Pandat’ makers
UNI

India treating Coronavirus outbreak as 'notified disaster'

| @indiablooms | Mar 14, 2020, at 05:38 pm

New Delhi/IBNS: The Indian government on Saturday said it is treating Coronavirus outbreak in the country as a 'notified disaster'.

" Government decides to treat #CoronavirusinIndia as a notified disaster for the purpose of providing assistance under the State Disaster Response Fund (SDRF)," the Press Information Bureau tweeted.

 

As per a letter from the Home Ministry, Rs 4 lakh will be given to the families of those whose deaths have been linked to the novel coronavirus, or COVID-19, reported NDTV.

So far, 83 people including 10 cured have been infected by the virus and two people have died.

1,32,000 people have been infected in 132 countries.

In the wake of the Coronavirus outbreak in India, the US Embassy and Consulates in the country on Saturday said it has cancelled all visa appointments from Mar 16.

The Official Twitter handle of the embassy said, "U.S. Mission India posts, in light of the global COVID-19 pandemic, are cancelling immigrant and nonimmigrant visa appointments from March 16, 2020, onward. "

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.