February 18, 2026 06:00 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Actor Rajpal Yadav granted interim bail in ₹9-crore cheque bounce case | Learn AI or become redundant: Microsoft India President issues stark message | India’s wholesale inflation rises to 1.81% in January as manufacturing prices surge | 'India at forefront of AI revolution': PM Modi welcomes world leaders to Delhi summit | Rs 5,000 to women ahead of Tamil Nadu polls! Vijay slams Stalin, says: ‘take the money, blow the whistle’ | Modi congratulates Tarique Rahman as BNP clinches majority in Bangladesh polls | Bangladesh Polls: Tarique Rahman-led BNP secures 'absolute majority' with 151 seats in historic comeback | BJP MP files notice to cancel Rahul Gandhi's Lok Sabha membership, seeks life-long ban | Arrested in the morning, out by evening: Tycoon’s son walks free in Lamborghini crash case | ‘Why should you denigrate a section of society?’: Supreme Court pulls up ‘Ghooskhor Pandat’ makers
France Restaurant
Image credit: Pixabay

France wants restaurants defying Coronavirus restrictions to be suspended from state aid

| @indiablooms | Feb 01, 2021, at 10:47 pm

Moscow/Sputnik: French restaurants that decided to resume operations on Monday despite a state-backed closure order will be sanctioned by the suspension of state aid payments from the solidarity fund, French Finance Minister Bruno Le Maire said on the RTL broadcaster on Monday.

According to media reports, some French restaurant owners decided to reopen on Monday, despite the prolonged ban on reopening, to manifest protests against such a measure, following an example of a restaurateur in Nice who was placed in police custody last week after he opened his establishment in a bid to show dismay over the closures of public facilities, with all the clients and staff fined.

"All who will remain open, will be suspended from the access to the solidarity fund for a month. In the event of a repeat offense, they will no longer have any access to the fund," Le Maire said.

Notably, media reported that restaurant owners would also be subjected to a 135-euro ($163) fine.

The government has set up several forms of state aid for businesses amid the epidemic, including a solidarity fund, which offers repatriations for particularly affected companies, and a partial unemployment scheme, under which employers receive payments from the government to partially cover the wages of their staff.

Business owners in France, including restaurateurs, were pending to reopen on January 20.

However, earlier last month the government extended restrictions against the COVID-19 pandemic amid its active circulation in the country, a decision prompting dismay among employers, whose companies were ordered to remain closed indefinitely.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.