February 17, 2026 05:05 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Actor Rajpal Yadav granted interim bail in ₹9-crore cheque bounce case | Learn AI or become redundant: Microsoft India President issues stark message | India’s wholesale inflation rises to 1.81% in January as manufacturing prices surge | 'India at forefront of AI revolution': PM Modi welcomes world leaders to Delhi summit | Rs 5,000 to women ahead of Tamil Nadu polls! Vijay slams Stalin, says: ‘take the money, blow the whistle’ | Modi congratulates Tarique Rahman as BNP clinches majority in Bangladesh polls | Bangladesh Polls: Tarique Rahman-led BNP secures 'absolute majority' with 151 seats in historic comeback | BJP MP files notice to cancel Rahul Gandhi's Lok Sabha membership, seeks life-long ban | Arrested in the morning, out by evening: Tycoon’s son walks free in Lamborghini crash case | ‘Why should you denigrate a section of society?’: Supreme Court pulls up ‘Ghooskhor Pandat’ makers
PID Bangladesh

Fight against COVID-19: Bangladesh govt extends lockdown

| @indiablooms | Apr 05, 2020, at 05:43 pm

Dhaka/IBNS: In a bid to fight against COVID-19 outbreak, the Bangladesh government on Sunday extended the lockdown till Apr 14, media reports said.

The public administration ministry issued an order extending the shutdown on Sunday, reported bdnews24.

The initial lockdown was announced until APr 11.

The ongoing shutdown was set to be lifted on Apr 11 but it has been extended to Apr 13 and merged with the national holiday to mark Pahela Baishakh -- the Bangla New Year -- the following day, Public Administration Secretary Shaikh Yusuf Harun told bdnews24.

However, the order does not apply to utility and emergency services, including the fire service, power, gas, water and telecoms, reported the news portal.

Meanwhile, the Bangladesh government on Sunday recorded 18 new COVID-19 positive cases.

It took the tally of infections to 88 while the death toll from the virus rose to nine after another patient succumbed to the disease in the last 24 hours, Health Minister Zahid Malik said in an online media briefing on Sunday as reported by the newsportal.

So far, 33 patients have recovered from the disease in the country.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.