February 18, 2026 05:11 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
AI takes centre stage as Modi meets Google CEO Sundar Pichai in Delhi | G7 Spotlight: Emmanuel Macron invites Narendra Modi for 2026 Summit | AI Summit embarrassment! Galgotias University asked to vacate stall after ‘own robot’ exposed as China’s Unitree Go2 | Actor Rajpal Yadav granted interim bail in ₹9-crore cheque bounce case | Learn AI or become redundant: Microsoft India President issues stark message | India’s wholesale inflation rises to 1.81% in January as manufacturing prices surge | 'India at forefront of AI revolution': PM Modi welcomes world leaders to Delhi summit | Rs 5,000 to women ahead of Tamil Nadu polls! Vijay slams Stalin, says: ‘take the money, blow the whistle’ | Modi congratulates Tarique Rahman as BNP clinches majority in Bangladesh polls | Bangladesh Polls: Tarique Rahman-led BNP secures 'absolute majority' with 151 seats in historic comeback
COVID19
Unsplash

Chinese mainland reports no new locally-transmitted COVID-19 cases

| @indiablooms | Aug 19, 2020, at 02:21 pm

Beijing/Xinhua: No new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases were reported Tuesday across the Chinese mainland, the National Health Commission said Wednesday.

A total of 17 confirmed cases arriving from outside the mainland were reported Tuesday, the commission said in its daily report.

No new suspected cases or deaths related to the disease were reported on the Chinese mainland, it added.

Of the new imported cases, eight were reported in Shanghai, four in Guangdong, two each in Zhejiang and Shaanxi, and one in Shandong, the commission said.

On Tuesday, 43 COVID-19 patients were discharged from hospitals after recovery, the commission said.

By the end of Tuesday, a total of 2,339 imported cases had been reported on the mainland. Of them, 2,127 had been discharged from hospitals after recovery, and 212 remained hospitalized, with no one in severe condition. No deaths from the imported cases had been reported.

As of Tuesday, the total number of confirmed COVID-19 cases on the mainland had reached 84,888, including 569 patients who were still being treated, with 26 in severe condition.

Altogether 79,685 people had been discharged after recovery, and 4,634 had died of the disease on the mainland, the commission said.

There were still two suspected COVID-19 cases on the mainland, it added.

According to the commission, 17,093 close contacts were still under medical observation after 2,002 were discharged on Tuesday.  

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.