February 18, 2026 12:26 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Actor Rajpal Yadav granted interim bail in ₹9-crore cheque bounce case | Learn AI or become redundant: Microsoft India President issues stark message | India’s wholesale inflation rises to 1.81% in January as manufacturing prices surge | 'India at forefront of AI revolution': PM Modi welcomes world leaders to Delhi summit | Rs 5,000 to women ahead of Tamil Nadu polls! Vijay slams Stalin, says: ‘take the money, blow the whistle’ | Modi congratulates Tarique Rahman as BNP clinches majority in Bangladesh polls | Bangladesh Polls: Tarique Rahman-led BNP secures 'absolute majority' with 151 seats in historic comeback | BJP MP files notice to cancel Rahul Gandhi's Lok Sabha membership, seeks life-long ban | Arrested in the morning, out by evening: Tycoon’s son walks free in Lamborghini crash case | ‘Why should you denigrate a section of society?’: Supreme Court pulls up ‘Ghooskhor Pandat’ makers
Unsplash

Chinese mainland reports 21 new confirmed COVID-19 cases

| @indiablooms | Jul 24, 2020, at 02:21 pm

Beijing/Xinhua: Chinese health authority said on Friday that it received reports of 21 new confirmed COVID-19 cases on the Chinese mainland Thursday, 15 of which were domestically transmitted.

Of the domestically transmitted cases, 13 were reported in Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region and two were in Liaoning Province, the National Health Commission said in its daily report.

No deaths related to the disease were reported Thursday, the commission said.
On Thursday, 18 COVID-19 patients were discharged from hospitals after recovery, and one new suspected case was reported.
As of Thursday, the overall confirmed cases on the mainland had reached 83,750, including 243 patients who were still being treated, with 12 in severe condition.

Altogether 78,873 people had been discharged after recovery, and 4,634 had died of the disease, the commission said.

Six new imported cases were reported on Thursday, of which five were reported in Guangdong Province, and one in Shanghai.

By the end of Thursday, a total of 2,029 imported cases had been reported on the mainland. Of the cases, 1,951 had been discharged from hospitals after recovery, and 78 remained hospitalized with two in severe condition. No deaths from the imported cases had been reported.

There were still two suspected COVID-19 cases, the commission said.

According to the commission, 7,526 close contacts were still under medical observation after 66 people were discharged from medical observation Thursday.

Also on Thursday, 43 new asymptomatic cases, including nine from outside the mainland, were reported and 11 asymptomatic cases were re-categorized as confirmed cases.

The commission said 204 asymptomatic cases, including 96 from outside the mainland, were still under medical observation.  

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.