February 18, 2026 05:59 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Actor Rajpal Yadav granted interim bail in ₹9-crore cheque bounce case | Learn AI or become redundant: Microsoft India President issues stark message | India’s wholesale inflation rises to 1.81% in January as manufacturing prices surge | 'India at forefront of AI revolution': PM Modi welcomes world leaders to Delhi summit | Rs 5,000 to women ahead of Tamil Nadu polls! Vijay slams Stalin, says: ‘take the money, blow the whistle’ | Modi congratulates Tarique Rahman as BNP clinches majority in Bangladesh polls | Bangladesh Polls: Tarique Rahman-led BNP secures 'absolute majority' with 151 seats in historic comeback | BJP MP files notice to cancel Rahul Gandhi's Lok Sabha membership, seeks life-long ban | Arrested in the morning, out by evening: Tycoon’s son walks free in Lamborghini crash case | ‘Why should you denigrate a section of society?’: Supreme Court pulls up ‘Ghooskhor Pandat’ makers
Unsplash

China confirms 40 new COVID-19 cases, including 27 in Beijing - Health Authorities

| @indiablooms | Jun 16, 2020, at 08:52 am

Beijing/Sputnik: China registered 40 new coronavirus cases over the past 24 hours, including 27 cases in Beijing amid the new cluster at the wholesale food market, Xinfadi, the country’s National Health Commission said on Tuesday.

Out of the 40 new cases reported on Monday, 32 are local, while eight are imported. In addition to Beijing, local cases were detected in the northern Hebei province (4) and in the southwestern Sichuan province (1). Moreover, China registered six asymptomatic COVID-19 carriers and seven recoveries over the given period.

The country’s total number of confirmed coronavirus cases now stands at 83,221, and the death toll is 4,634. The total number of recovered individuals in China reached 78,377.

A new cluster of COVID-19 cases was detected in China last week. On Saturday, Beijing authorities announced they had shut down Xinfadi after over 40 people linked to the market tested positive for the coronavirus. On Sunday, Beijing authorities said that the Chinese capital was in "wartime emergency mode."  

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.