February 21, 2026 12:20 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
PM Modi warns ‘AI must not control humans’ as India unveils bold tech vision at AI Impact Summit 2026 | Former South Korean President Yoon Suk Yeol sentenced to life over failed martial law bid | Tata Group joins hands with OpenAI in massive AI push to transform India and global industries | Epstein Files row: Bill Gates to skip keynote address at AI Summit 2026 | AI Impact Summit: Google launches game-changing America-India Connect plan with $15 billion backing | AI takes centre stage as Modi meets Google CEO Sundar Pichai in Delhi | G7 Spotlight: Emmanuel Macron invites Narendra Modi for 2026 Summit | AI Summit embarrassment! Galgotias University asked to vacate stall after ‘own robot’ exposed as China’s Unitree Go2 | Actor Rajpal Yadav granted interim bail in ₹9-crore cheque bounce case | Learn AI or become redundant: Microsoft India President issues stark message
Fake Ads
Spiritual leader Sadhguru. Photo: Sadhguru/X

Delhi High Court orders Google to remove fake advertisements featuring Sadhguru's AI images and videos

| @indiablooms | Oct 22, 2025, at 01:22 pm

New Delhi/IBNS: The Delhi High Court has directed Google to use its technology to remove the deepfake and misleading advertisements featuring AI images and videos of spiritual leader Sadhguru, media reports said.

The court has ordered Google to take down advertisements on YouTube that use AI images of the spiritual leader.

If the company has any technological limitations in executing the removal of the advertisements then it must file an affidavit, the court said.

Sadhguru had moved the court seeking protection of his personality rights that he alleged was infringed by various rogue websites and unknown entities, The Hindu reported.

During the court hearing on October 14, an advocate arguing for Google said the advertisements which were flagged earlier have already been taken down.

The counsel added saying the additional URLs flagged by Sadhguru's Isha Foundation have also been removed.

But Sadhguru's counsel argued several other videos infringing the spiritual leader's personality rights are still available on YouTube.

Justice Manmeet Pritam Singh Arora ordered that advertisements showing Sadhguru's arrest must be halted immediately.

The judge has asked the members of Isha Foundation and Google to chalk out a way to prevent similar incidents in future.

The Delhi High Court earlier this year had granted protection to Sadhguru's personality rights.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.