February 17, 2026 01:20 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Actor Rajpal Yadav granted interim bail in ₹9-crore cheque bounce case | Learn AI or become redundant: Microsoft India President issues stark message | India’s wholesale inflation rises to 1.81% in January as manufacturing prices surge | 'India at forefront of AI revolution': PM Modi welcomes world leaders to Delhi summit | Rs 5,000 to women ahead of Tamil Nadu polls! Vijay slams Stalin, says: ‘take the money, blow the whistle’ | Modi congratulates Tarique Rahman as BNP clinches majority in Bangladesh polls | Bangladesh Polls: Tarique Rahman-led BNP secures 'absolute majority' with 151 seats in historic comeback | BJP MP files notice to cancel Rahul Gandhi's Lok Sabha membership, seeks life-long ban | Arrested in the morning, out by evening: Tycoon’s son walks free in Lamborghini crash case | ‘Why should you denigrate a section of society?’: Supreme Court pulls up ‘Ghooskhor Pandat’ makers
The emailer using the name "Kanimozhi Thevidiya," warned of blasts if evacuations were not completed by 2 p.m. Photo: Representational/ChatGPT

Delhi High Court evacuated after email bomb threat; no explosives found

| @indiablooms | Sep 12, 2025, at 01:40 pm

New Delhi/IBNS: The Delhi High Court was evacuated on Friday after an email bomb threat claimed that three improvised explosive devices (IEDs) had been planted on the premises.

The email threat, which mentioned a possible blast targeting the judge’s chamber shortly after midday Friday prayers, triggered high-alert security measures, according to The Times of India and other media.

Multiple court benches were abruptly adjourned as proceedings were suspended and the court premises were cleared. A bomb disposal squad, fire tenders, and police were deployed, and the area was cordoned off, reports said.

After extensive searches, authorities reported that no suspicious items were discovered. 

The email sender, using the name "Kanimozhi Thevidiya," warned of blasts if evacuations were not completed by 2 p.m. and referenced a desire to emulate the 1998 Coimbatore blasts. The message also threatened acid attack violence. 

According to NDTV, the threat claimed to "recreate" the 1998 Coimbatore blasts in Patna later today and threatened an acid attack on Udhayanidhi Stalin's son, Inbanithi.

"See, the basic funda is, secular parties depend on allowing family dynasty politics and corruption to thrive in order to fight BJP/RSS. When the heirs (Rahul Gandhi, Udhayanidhi) are prevented from power, they lose interest in fighting against RSS," the email read as quoted by NDTV.

Authorities have not confirmed a connection with any external intelligence agency or specific group. Meanwhile, this incident follows several recent hoax bomb threats in the capital, raising concerns over repeated security vulnerabilities. 

Further investigation is underway. Official statements said the courts will resume once safety is assured.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.