April 21, 2024 14:12 (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Mamata Banerjee on DD News' new logo colour: 'Shocked at the sudden saffronisation' | Love jihad is spreading: Karnataka Congress corporator, whose daughter was killed, contradicts Siddaramaiah's claims | Karnataka Congress corporator's daughter killed; CM Siddaramaiah cites 'personal reasons' | Elon Musk postpones upcoming visit to India: Reports | 'Had mangoes only three thrice, sweets 6 times in jail': Arvind Kejriwal counters ED claims in court
Kerala: 8-yr-old girl dies after smartphone explodes while watching video Smartphone Blast
Image Credit: Unsplash

Kerala: 8-yr-old girl dies after smartphone explodes while watching video

India Blooms News Service | @indiablooms | 27 Apr 2023, 09:45 pm

Thrissur: In yet another incident of mobile phone explosion, an eight-year-old girl named Adithyashree lost her life while she was watching a video in Kerala's Thrissur, media reports said.

As per the police, the young girl was watching a movie on her mobile phone when the explosion occurred.

The local police have started an investigation into the incident, and a forensic team has also been tasked with examining the case.

Although some reports suggest that the mobile phone in question was a Redmi device, the police have yet to confirm the make of the phone that the girl was using at the time of the incident.

Xiaomi, the parent company of Redmi told 91Mobiles, “At Xiaomi India, customer safety is of utmost importance and we take such matters extremely seriously. We stand with the family in this time of difficulty and hope to support them in any way possible. There are some reports that this is a Redmi phone which is yet to be established, given the matter is currently being investigated. We will work with the authorities to determine the actual cause of the incident and will support them in any required manner.”

However, this is not the first time that someone has lost their life due to a mobile phone explosion.

Just a few days ago, a boy in Baduan, Uttar Pradesh, passed away due to an electric shock while charging his mobile phone.

In another incident, a 68-year-old man lost his life as a result of a phone explosion while he was talking on the phone while it was plugged in for charging.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.