Supreme Court slams Nupur Sharma over Prophet remark: 5 top quotes
New Delhi/IBNS: The Supreme Court Friday came down hard upon suspended Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) spokesperson Nupur Sharma over her controversial remark on Prophet Muhammed that had triggered massive violence across the country, media reports said.
The top court slammed Sharma saying she was solely responsible for what was happening in the country.
The court said this while hearing Sharma's plea seeking transfer of all First Information Reports (FIRs) filed against her to Delhi.
Sharma's controversial comment on Prophet Mohammed had drawn fury from the Muslims community members across the country.
Violent protests against the comment have taken place in different corners of the country for several days earlier this month.
What did Supreme Court say?
1. "She faces threats or she has become security threat? This lady is single-handedly responsible for what is happening in the country."
2. "We saw the debate on how she was incited. But the way she said all this and later says she was a lawyer. It is shameful. She should apologise to the whole country."
3. "When you file FIRs against others, they are immediately arrested but when it's against you nobody has dared to touch you."
4. "What if she is the spokesperson of a party. She thinks she has back up of power and can make any statement without respect to the law of the land."
5. "What has Delhi police done ? Don't make us open our mouth, what was the TV debate about? Only to fan an agenda? Why did they choose a sub-judice topic?"