Kolkata rains: Man electrocuted near Raj Bhavan
Kolkata/IBNS: A middle-aged man died of electrocution near Raj Bhavan in Kolkata's downtown Esplanade area on Tuesday evening, reports said.
According to reports, the pedestrian was electrocuted after touching a light-post near Raj Bhavan's North Gate amid heavy rain that was lashing the city.
After being rescued, he was rushed to a nearby hospital where the man was declared brought dead.
City police officials said that his identity is yet to be established.
An inquiry has been initiated into the accident.