Kolkata rainsRepresentative image of lightening/ credit: Unsplash
Kolkata rains: Man electrocuted near Raj Bhavan
Kolkata/IBNS: A middle-aged man died of electrocution near Raj Bhavan in Kolkata's downtown Esplanade area on Tuesday evening, reports said.
According to reports, the pedestrian was electrocuted after touching a light-post near Raj Bhavan's North Gate amid heavy rain that was lashing the city.
After being rescued, he was rushed to a nearby hospital where the man was declared brought dead.
City police officials said that his identity is yet to be established.
An inquiry has been initiated into the accident.
Heavy security keeps Khalistani protesters away from Indian High Commission in London after Sunday's breach Wed, Mar 22 2023
Peace returned to Kashmir after scrapping of Art 370: Amit Shah inaugurating historical temple Wed, Mar 22 2023
Jammu and Kashmir: Union Home Minister Amit Shah inaugurates Maa Sharda Devi Temple at Kupwara Wed, Mar 22 2023
Narendra Modi to visit Varanasi on Apr 24 Wed, Mar 22 2023
Anti-Modi posters in Delhi: Police registers 44 FIRs, arrests four; AAP says 'dictatorship at peak' Wed, Mar 22 2023
CBI seeks restoration of Interpol's Red Notice against Mehul Choksi Wed, Mar 22 2023