December 02, 2020 07:57 (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Disputes between Trinamool Congress, rebel Suvendu Adhikari 'resolved amicably' | Centre fails to achieve a breakthrough in talks with farmers, next meet on Dec 3 | BSF seizes 25,000 cattles, narcotics worth over Rs 62 crore along Indo-Bangladesh border this year | Centre holds meeting with farmers to find breakthrough in anti-farm laws protest | 'BJP only wants to take credit': Mamata Banerjee hits back at PM Modi over farmers' scheme
Jammu and Kashmir encounter: Two Jaish militants killed Kashmir Encounter
Image: UNI

Jammu and Kashmir encounter: Two Jaish militants killed

India Blooms News Service | @indiablooms | 28 Oct 2020, 05:05 pm

Srinagar/UNI: Two Jaish-e-Mohammad (JeM) militants, including a foreigner, were killed by security forces in an encounter which ensued during a Cordon and Search Operation (CASO) on Tuesday night in the central Kashmir district of Badgam, official sources said on Wednesday.

A soldier was also injured in the encounter which has now ended, sources said.

They said troops of Rashtriya Rifles (RR), Special Operation Group (SOG) of Jammu and Kashmir police and CRPF launched a joint CASO at Akbar colony Mouchwa in Badgam following a tip off about the presence of militants last night. However, an encounter ensued after security forces came under heavy fire from militants hiding there.

However, due to darkness operation was stopped late last night though entire area remained under tight cordon, they said. They said this morning with the first light security forces launched all out offensive against the hold up militants, who were firing continuously.

Security forces blasted the house from where the militant were firing, they said adding later body of both the militants were recovered. One ak rifle and one pistol besides magazines and other arms and ammunition were recovered from the slain JeM militants.

The residents of the adjacent areas said they heard loud explosions and heavy firing last night and early this morning.

Inspector General of Police (IGP) Vijay Kumar said militants were given chance to surrender but they continued firing. He said eight militants have so far were allowed to surrender even when encounter was going on in the valley during the past one month.

He said the operation was launched based on intelligence inputs about the presence of militants in the area.