Indian Army sent hotline message to counterpart PLA, says Rijiju on 5 Arunachal youths reportedly abducted by Chinese Army
Itanagar/UNI: Union Sports Minister Kiren Rijiju on Sunday informed that the Indian Army has already sent hotline message to counterpart People’s Liberation of Army (PLA) in connection with the reports regarding five youths reportedly abducted by the Chinese Army from Arunachal Pradesh’s Upper Subansiri district.
“The Indian Army has already sent hotline message to the counterpart PLA establishment at the border point in Arunachal Pradesh. Response is awaited,” said the Lok Sabha MP from Arunachal West.
According to reports, the five people were reportedly abducted from the jungle near Nacho while they had gone out for hunting. One of the family members also alleged that his brother and four others from Nacho circle were abducted by the PLA.
No official statement has so far been issued by the Army in this regard.
Yesterday, Upper Subansiri Deputy Commissioner Kanto Danggen said, “We have not received any such report or any FIR lodged in police station.”
The DC, however, said that he got the information of the alleged incident through social media and added that, “We have activated our police to try to get the information in this regard.”