New Delhi/UNI: Three people were rescued after a fire broke out at the parking area of a residential building in East Delhi's Lakshmi Nagar on Thursday morning.
Delhi Fire Services rescued the three from the first floor of the building.
A total of eleven vehicles, including four motorbikes and seven scooters, were damaged in the incident.
The fire started at the electricity board in the two-wheeler parking area of the building. A short circuit is being suspected to be the cause of fire.
A call was received at around 0530 hrs regarding the incident and firefighters and a total of seven fire tenders were rushed to the spot.
The blaze was brought under control by 0615 hrs and so far there were no reports of anyone getting injured in the incident.
Cause of fire will be ascertained after investigation , the DFS said.
The residential building which has several apartments is located at the Murti Gali Kishan Kunj , Lakshmi Nagar.