January 30, 2023 00:13 (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Hockey Men's World Cup 2023: India beat Japan 8-0 in classification match | Amid row, Kerala Congress screens controversial BBC documentary on PM Modi in Thiruvananthapuram | Republic Day Parade to showcase India’s indigenous military prowess, cultural diversity | Mulayam Singh Yadav, Zakir Hussain conferred Padma Vibhushan award | Dilip Mahalanabis, who pioneered ORS use, to be awarded Padma Vibhushan
Will vacate government bungalow by Aug 1, says Priyanka Gandhi Vadra slamming fake news

Will vacate government bungalow by Aug 1, says Priyanka Gandhi Vadra slamming fake news

India Blooms News Service | @indiablooms | 14 Jul 2020, 12:58 pm

New Delhi/UNI: Congress leader and AICC general secretary Priyanka Gandhi Vadra on Tuesday said she would vacate her government accommodation in Lodhi Estate here by Aug 1 and slammed the "fake news" that she had requested more time.

Sharing a news report which claimed that she has been allowed to stay for some more time in her Lutyens bungalow after she sought more time to vacate, Gandhi tweeted, “This is FAKE NEWS. I have not made any such request to the government. As per the eviction letter handed to me on the 1st of July, I will be vacating the government accommodation at 35 Lodhi Estate by the 1st of August.'

The Ministry of Housing and Urban Development had last week served a notice on her to vacate the said premises before Aug 1 as she no longer comes under SPG security cover.

“Consequent to withdrawal of SPG protection and grant of Z+ security cover by MHA, which does not provide for allotment or retention of government accommodation on security grounds to you, the allotment of type 6B house No. 35 Lodhi Estate is hereby cancelled wef July 1. One month concession period on same rent till August 1 is allowed as per rules,” the Housing Ministry notice had said.