January 28, 2021 19:34 (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Not a case of no evidence: Madhya Pradesh High Court rejects bail plea of comedian Munawar Faruqui | Delhi Violence: ‘Look out Notice’ issued against rioters, accused farmer leaders | Late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's Poes Garden residence turned into memorial | India reports less than 12,000 Covid-19 cases in 24 hours | Farmers' rally violence: Actor Deep Sidhu under scanner for 'provoking tension'
Coronavirus threat: Karnataka govt sets two more check posts in border

Coronavirus threat: Karnataka govt sets two more check posts in border

India Blooms News Service | @indiablooms | 04 Feb 2020, 03:30 pm

Chamarajanagara, Karnataka/UNI: Authorities, in an attempt to prevent any scope for entry of dreaded disease Coronavirus into Karnataka, have set up two more check posts in the border with full medical team to check passengers arriving by various modes of transport from neighbouring Kerala where three cases were already reported.

Two check posts with full medical teams were set up after Kerala declared a state calamity following three confirmed cases.

Though no suspected cases had been reported in the district, the health authorities are taking no chance and are on high alert as Chamarajnagar which very close to Kerala and since a large number of people travel frequently.

“The screening for passengers is being done as a precautionary measure since Sunday. There is no need to become panic since all preventive measures had been taken for prevention and control the spread of the disease. The surveillance had been stepped up with three coronavirus cases reported from the neighbouring state,” said District Health Officer M C Ravi on Tuesday.

Two health teams had been deployed at Moolehole and Bandipur check posts for the screening of public arriving from Kerala.

The teams are screening for symptoms and seeking the passengers’ travel history besides finding out whether they had any contact with the people who had recently visited China or with the patients, relatives tested positive.

"If they show noticeable symptoms, we subject them to further tests at the isolation ward set up at Gundlupet General Hospital and Chamarajnagar District Hospital. So far, no suspected cases had been reported. We are continuing the surveillance and constant monitoring is being done,” he added.

The health authorities are also distributing pamphlets to educate the public on the disease as an awareness-building exercise.

Three Chinese nationals had been under surveillance near Gundlupet.

The DHO said: “On knowing about the presence of the Chinese nationals who are currently running a flower extract unit near Gundlupet, we met them and screened them as a precautionary measure. They are in the town since many days and are not from Wuhan."

"They belong to a different region in China. However, they displayed no symptoms of the virus but they had been advised to remain under isolation as a preventive measure," he added.