Female elephant dies due to electrocution in Assam's Golaghat district
Guwahati: A female lactating elephant died due to electrocution in Assam's Golaghat district on Sunday.
The incident took place at Dholagaon Pathar area.
According to the state forest department, the elephant got electrocuted at about 4 am on Sunday morning.
Signs of burning due to electrocution were prominent.
"A electric post of 11KV line was found tilted near the carcass. Perhaps it got tilted due to brushing of body in the post. Electric lines were hanging from 6 ft height," a forest official of Golaghat district who rushed to the place of occurrence after getting the information from local people said.
The forest official said that, post mortem has carried out to ascertain the exact cause of the jumbo's death.
(Reporting by Hemanta Kumar Nath)