New Delhi/UNI: The total number of confirmed COVID-19 cases rose to 562 in India on Wednesday morning, the Health Ministry said.
As per the government data, the number of active cases in the country were now 512.
According to the health ministry, 40 people have been cured and discharged as of now , while one person has migrated from here.
So far, as per government data, there have been nine deaths due to the deadly virus.
On Tuesday night Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced a complete lock-down in the country for 21 days.
In his second televised address to the nation regarding Coronavirus he said , 'The nation is going to take a very important decision.
'The whole country will be under complete lockdown, to save the citizens from the deadly virus. The lockdown will continue for 21 days.'
The PM also announced a 15,000 crore package for COVID-19, to acquire medical equipment and protective gear, and also increase training of medical and paramedical staff, testing facilities, PPEs, ICUs, and ventilators.
He asked the people not to venture out of their homes, in a bid to save this country from this pandemic that has claimed thousands of lives across the world.
According to health experts, 21 days are necessary to break the cycle of COVID-19. If these 21 days are not observed as a lock-down, it will take us back 21 years,' the Prime Minister added.