October 26, 2020 21:26 (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Supreme Court suspends one-man committee to monitor stubble burning | SC stays contempt action against Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank for not paying bungalow rent dues | Maharashtra Deputy CM Ajit Pawar tests Covid-19 positive | India registers 480 new COVID-19 deaths, 45,149 new cases | India wants peace along border: Rajnath Singh after 'Shastra Puja'
India confirms two more cases of coronavirus

India confirms two more cases of coronavirus

India Blooms News Service | @indiablooms | 02 Mar 2020, 09:49 am

New Delhi/IBNS: The Indian government on Monday confirmed two more cases of novel coronavirus in the country.

One positive case of COVID-19 has been detected in New Delhi and the other one in Telangana, officials said.

"The person from Delhi has a travel history from Italy, while the one from Telangana has a travel history from Dubai. Further details of his travels are being ascertained," read the official statement issued by the Indian government.

Both the patients are stable and being closely monitored, it said.

China has been badly hit by the disease with Wuhan city is being suspected as the epicentre of the outbreak of the virus.

Chinese health authority said Monday it received reports of 202 new confirmed cases of novel coronavirus infection and 42 deaths on Sunday on the Chinese mainland, reported Xinhua news agency.

All the deaths were in Hubei Province, according to the National Health Commission.

Meanwhile, 141 new suspected cases were reported, said the commission.

Also on Sunday, 2,837 people were discharged from hospital after recovery, while the number of severe cases decreased by 255 to 7,110.

The overall confirmed cases on the mainland had reached 80,026 by the end of Sunday, including 32,652 patients who were still being treated, 44,462 patients who had been discharged after recovery, and 2,912 people who had died of the disease.

The commission said that 715 people were still suspected of being infected with the virus.

The commission added 46,219 close contacts were still under medical observation. On Sunday, 8,154 people were discharged from medical observation.

By the end of Sunday, 98 confirmed cases including two deaths had been reported in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (SAR), 10 confirmed cases in the Macao SAR, and 40 in Taiwan, including one death.

Thirty-six patients in Hong Kong, eight in Macao and 12 in Taiwan had been discharged from hospital after recovery.