May 26, 2024 17:08 (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Payal Kapadia's Indian film All We Imagine As Light wins Grand Prix Award at Cannes | 'Was told to take the blame': Pune Porsche teen's grandfather told driver to take responsibility for crash | 24 killed in gaming zone fire in Gujarat’s Rajkot; PM Modi expresses grief | INDIA bloc performing mujra for vote bank, says Prime Minister Narendra Modi launching a scathing attack on opposition parties | West Bengal, Odisha brace for impact of Cyclone Remal, check the latest update on landfall time
SEBI green lights Airtel subsidiary, Bharti Hexacom's IPO

SEBI green lights Airtel subsidiary, Bharti Hexacom's IPO

| @indiablooms | 20 Mar 2024, 12:48 am

Mumbai: Bharti Hexacom, a subsidiary of telecom giant Bharti Airtel, has been granted the green light by the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) to proceed with its initial public offering (IPO) intentions, media reported.

The IPO entails solely a sale of 10 crore equity shares by the sole public shareholder, Telecommunications Consultants India, with no new shares being issued, reported Moneycontrol.

As a result, all proceeds from the offering (excluding IPO expenses) will be received by the selling shareholder.

According to the draft red herring prospectus (DRHP) filed by the communications solutions provider with the market regulator on January 19, promoter Bharti Airtel holds a 70 percent stake (35 crore equity shares) and the remaining 30 percent shareholding (equivalent to 15 crore equity shares) is held by non-promoter Telecommunications Consultants India, the report said.

The Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) issued an observation letter regarding the company's IPO draft papers on March 11.

In SEBI terminology, the issuance of an observation letter indicates that the company is eligible to launch its IPO within the upcoming one-year timeframe.

Bharti Hexacom provides consumer mobile, fixed-line telephone, and broadband services under the Airtel brand in Rajasthan and the North East.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.