RIL Q4FY22: net profit at Rs 16,203 cr, up 22.5 pc; FY22 revenue crosses $100 billion mark
Mumbai: Reliance Industries Limited (RIL) Friday posted a net profit of Rs 16,203 crore for the quarter ending March 30, 2022, up 22.50 percent year-on-year (YoY).
Revenue from operation jumped 36.79 percent YoY to Rs 211,887 crore against Rs 154,896 crore in the same quarter last year.
The company board has recommended a dividend of Rs 8 per share.
For the financial year 2021-22, the company's revenue stood at Rs 7,92,756 crore or $104.6 billion, making it the first-ever firm to hit $100 billion revenue mark.
The operating margin for the Q4FY22 stood at 10.1 percent, compared with 10.6 percent in the December quarter and 9.5 percent in the fourth quarter of the last fiscal year.
The operating margin represents how efficiently a company is able to generate profit through its core operations.
Net margin for the quarter came in at 7.7 percent, compared with 9.8 percent in the December quarter and 8.7 percent in the year-ago quarter.
Net profit margin or net margin is the percentage of net income generated from a company's revenue.
RESULTS AT A GLANCE (FY22 COMPARED WITH FY21) CONSOLIDATED - RIL
• Gross Revenue for the year was Rs 792,756 crore ($ 104.6 billion), higher by 47.0 percent
• EBITDA for the year was Rs 125,687 crore ($ 16.6 billion), higher by 28.8 percent
• Net Profit for the year was Rs 67,845 crore ($ 9.0 billion), higher by 26.2 percent
• Cash Profit for the year was Rs 110,778 crore ($ 14.6 billion), higher by 38.8 percent. • EPS for the year was Rs 92.0 per share, increased by 20.5 percent
STANDALONE - RIL
• Gross Revenue for the year was Rs 466,425 crore ($ 61.5 billion), higher by 67.2 percent
• EBITDA for the year was Rs 66,185 crore ($ 8.7 billion), higher by 37.0 percent
• Net Profit for the year was Rs 39,084 crore ($ 5.2 billion), higher by 22.4 percent
• Cash Profit for the year was Rs 56,275 crore ($ 7.4 billion), higher by 54.6 percent
• Exports for the year was Rs 254,970 crore ($ 33.6 billion), higher by 75.7 percent
CONSOLIDATED - JIO PLATFORMS LIMITED
• Gross Revenue for the year was Rs 95,804 crore ($ 12.6 billion), higher by 17.1 percent (adjusted for Interconnect Usage Charges (IUC))
• EBITDA for the year was Rs 39,112 crore ($ 5.2 billion), increase of 20.9 percent
• Net Profit for the year was Rs 15,487 crore ($ 2.0 billion), growth of 23.6 percent
• Cash Profit for the quarter was Rs 34,639 crore ($ 4.6 billion), growth of 21.6 percent • Total data traffic was 91.4 billion GB for the year; 46.3 percent growth
CONSOLIDATED - RELIANCE RETAIL
• Gross Revenue for the year was Rs 199,704 crore ($ 26.3 billion), higher by 26.7 percent
• EBITDA for the year was Rs 12,381 crore ($ 1.6 billion), higher by 26.5 percent
• Net Profit for the year was Rs 7,055 crore ($ 931 million), higher by 28.7 percent
• Cash Profit for the year was Rs 9,848 crore ($ 1.3 billion), higher by 32.1 percent
• Total 15,196 physical stores operational; 2,566 stores opened during the year
• Area of operation – 41.6 million sq. feet as compared to 33.8 million sq. feet in the previous year.
CONSOLIDATED OIL TO CHEMICALS (O2C)
Segment Revenue for FY22 increased by 56.5 percent Y-o-Y to Rs 500,900 crore ($ 66.1 billion) primarily on account of increase in crude oil prices and higher price realisation of downstream products.
Segment Revenue growth was also supported by 7.5 percent higher volumes led primarily by transportation fuels.
Segment EBITDA for FY22 improved sharply by 38.1 percent Y-o-Y to Rs 52,722 crore ($ 7.0 billion) primarily on account of better transportation fuels margins due to demand revival, higher domestic product placement for polymers and polyesters and optimized operations across energy, feedstock and product mix. Quarterly Performance
• Segment Revenue for 4Q FY22 increased by 44.2 percent Y-o-Y to Rs 145,786 crore ($ 19.2 billion) primarily on account of higher realization on the back of sharp increase in crude oil prices – Brent crude prices were up 66.5 percent Y-o-Y to $ 101.4 /bbl. Product volumes was also higher by 4.2 percent, with steady recovery in demand.
Segment EBITDA for 4Q FY22 improved by 24.8 percent Y-o-Y to Rs 14,241 crore ($ 1.9 billion) led by multiquarter high transportation fuel cracks, partially offset by lower polymer & intermediates margins and higher energy cost.
Downstream product margins were impacted by weak naphtha cracking economics and supply over-hang in fibre intermediates.
EBITDA margin for the quarter declined by 150 bps Y-o-Y to 9.8 percent.
This was primarily due to base effect driven by higher feedstock and product prices.
OIL AND GAS (EXPLORATION & PRODUCTION)
Annual Performance • Segment Revenues for FY22 increased 3.5x Y-o-Y to Rs 7,492 crore.
Segment EBITDA sharply increased to Rs 5,457 crore, with EBITDA margin of 72.8 percent.This was primarily due to higher production from KGD6 post commencement of gas production from R-Cluster and Sat-Cluster field coupled with higher gas price realization in KGD6 and CBM.
The average price realization for KGD6 gas was at $ 4.92/MMBTU in FY22 vs $ 3.96/MMBtu in FY21.
• The current combined average production from these two fields is > 18.0 MMSCMD.
• Gas produced from KGD6 during FY22 was at 149.5 BCF (RIL’s share) vis-à-vis 16.0 BCF (RIL’s share) in FY21. KGD6 also produced 0.135 MMBO (RIL’s share) of Crude Oil from R-Cluster field.
• CBM gas production for FY22 was at 10.2 BCF vis-à-vis 11.8 BCF in FY21.
• Segment Revenues for 4Q FY22 increased by 136.8 percent Y-o-Y to Rs 2,008 crore.
Segment EBITDA sharply increased to Rs 1,556 crore, with EBITDA margin of 77.5 percent. This was primarily due to higher gas price realization in KG D6 and CBM.