State Bank of India's net profit jumps to Rs.3,581 crore in Q4 on one-time gain
New Delhi/Mumbai: State Bank of India's net profit for the month of May touched Rs. 3581 Crores in Q4FY20. It is an increase of 327 percent.
For the full year FY20, the bank's net profit stood at Rs. 14,488 Cr against Net Profit of Rs.862 Crores in FY19. This is also the Highest ever Yearly Net Profit recorded by the Bank.
The bank's operating profit increased to Rs. 68,133 Crores in FY20 from Rs. 55,436 Crores in FY19, an increase of 22.90% YoY.
Highlights of the bank's result is given below:
Bank registered a Net Profit of Rs.3581 Crores in Q4FY20, an increase of 327% over Q4FY19.
· For the full year FY20, Net Profit stood at Rs. 14,488 Cr against Net Profit of Rs.862 Crores in FY19. This is also the Highest ever Yearly Net Profit recorded by the Bank.
· Operating Profit increased to Rs. 68,133 Crores in FY20 from Rs. 55,436 Crores in FY19, an increase of 22.90% YoY.
· Net Interest Income of the Bank grew by 11.02% YoY during FY20.
· Domestic Net Interest Margin (NIM) improved to 3.19% in FY20, registering an increase of 24 bps YoY.
· Non-Interest Income for FY20 at Rs. 45,221 Cr is up by 22.97% YoY.
· Total Deposits grew at 11.34% YoY, out of which Current Account Deposit grew by 7.56% YoY, while Saving Bank Deposits grew by 9.99% YoY.
· Credit Growth stood at 5.64% YoY, mainly driven by Retail (Personal) Advances (15.40% YoY) and Foreign Office Advances (18.05% YoY).
· Home loan, which constitutes 22% of Bank’s domestic advances, has grown by 13.86% YoY.
· Net NPA ratio at 2.23% is down 78 bps YoY and 42 bps QoQ. Gross NPA ratio at 6.15% is down 138 bps YoY and 79 bps QoQ.
· Provision Coverage Ratio (PCR) has improved to 83.62%, up 489 bps YoY and 189 bps QoQ.
· Slippages Ratio for FY20 has declined to 2.16% from 2.42% as at the end of 9MFY20.
· Credit Cost as at the end of FY20 has declined 79 bps YoY to 1.87%.
· Cost to Income Ratio has improved from 55.70% in FY19 to 52.46% in FY20, an improvement of 324 bps.
· Capital Adequacy Ratio (CAR) has improved by 34 bps YoY to 13.06% as on Mar 2020.
· Return on Assets (RoA) increased by 36 bps YoY to 0.38% in FY20 against 0.02% in FY19.
· Share of Alternate Channels in total transactions has increased from 88% in FY19 to 91% in FY20.