Had anyone thought of this? Clean air, cleaner water, Himalayas seen from as far as 300 kms, drop in crime rate, spending time with our family, reading all the books which were stacked and what not… but all these heavenly things at what cost ?
The entire world is fighting a disease which is unseen and undefeated (at least till now), USA & Italy brought down to their knees, airlines industry on the brink of collapse. Safe is now un-safe – even in Investments.
Franklin issue (28,000 Crs. in 6 schemes) is the latest culprit, which shook the confidence of all the risk-averse investors, who had parked their hard earned money in so-called “Safe” Debt category. I shudder to even think of an analogy of Wuhan with Franklin. And again, only prayers won’t protect your money from any of the unforeseen circumstances in the investment world.
If a problem is left unattended, it does not vanish, but turns into a crisis. So, you need to act now and that too brutally. You need to act fast before these early signs spread to other parts of your portfolio.
I give you a 5-point action for your Shares & Mutual Funds portfolio, which yoi need to implement from today :
1) Relook your Portfolio and follow the Asset allocation stringently. Lesser returns can still bring your smile back than erosion in your capital.
2) Build up your Emergency corpus. The necessity of Emergency funds has never been felt before this current crisis.
3) Diversify your MF portfolio in not more than 10-12 fund houses. Don’t put all your eggs in one basket. Your investments should also follow the norm of social distancing.
4) Sell all your dud Shares and buy gems, which are available at throw-away prices. Duds won’t recover in good times but these gems will sure recoup your entire losses. You can also opt our “Parivartan” scheme for sure-shot profits.
5) Take the service of an experienced knowledgeable Mutual Fund expert to construct your precious portfolio. Opting for “Direct” has its own costs & demerits. Current situation is the best example of this.
We, at Indiablooms, stands committed to guide you & navigate you towards safety. You can send your query & portfolio (in an excel file) to us at firstname.lastname@example.org for advice. We will answer to all the queries without any obligation.
Develop the immunity for your body & investment portfolio too.
About the expert: Manoj Garg : MBA, CPFA, IRDA Certified (LI+GI), Ex-Xaverian has a rich experience of more than 22 years in the Banking & Finance Industry. He has worked long years as Zonal Head (East) – Investment Division in ICICI Bank & IDBI Bank and as a Regional Vice President (East) of Tata Mutual Fund. He owns Simply Invest – A Mutual Funds advisory company. He can be reached on email@example.com