August 21, 2026 07:38 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Rahul Gandhi stages dharna at Delhi police station over CJP protest crackdown, targets Amit Shah | CJP school tour turns chaotic in Jaipur: Cars vandalised, stones pelted as Ashutosh Ranka alleges BJP ‘goons’ attack | Vande Mataram row: Kangana Ranaut slams Sharmila Tagore, says ‘come out of Hindu-Muslim mindset’ | Jadavpur erupts again: ABVP-SFI clash, police barricades shattered as fresh tension grips area | Ex-Congress MP and 1984 anti-Sikh riots convict Sajjan Kumar dies while serving life sentence | India hits back at Pakistan: Structures outside High Commission demolished in Delhi | ‘Don’t daydream about my bedroom’: Kangana Ranaut fires back at Ramdev over ‘Gen Z’ row | Jadavpur University erupts at midnight: ABVP-Left student groups clash over meeting, BJP-CPI(M) leaders trade barbs | Vijay govt calls for action to stop students, youth from joining CJP, Left protests | Kolkata hotel fire kills 9: Bengal Minister Agnimitra Paul targets ex-TMC govt, CESC over licences
Sergio Perez
Wikimedia Commons

Racing Point driver Perez tests positive for COVID-19 ahead of F1 British Grand Prix

| @indiablooms | Jul 31, 2020, at 03:16 pm

London/Xinhua: Racing Point's driver Sergio Perez will not race in the British Grand Prix this weekend due to a positive test for COVID-19, F1 team Racing Point announced on Thursday.

Racing Point released a statement on Thursday saying "Sergio is physically well and in good spirits, but he will continue to self-isolate under the guidelines of the relevant public health authorities, with safety the ultimate priority for the team and the sport."

According to the official website of F1, Perez was absent from the Silverstone circuit on Thursday after self-isolating following what his team called an "inconclusive" test.

But after being re-tested later in the day, it was confirmed he had registered positive for the virus.

The team said that their intention is to race two cars this weekend, but hasn't announced a revised driver line-up.

So far, three races have been held and Perez is the first driver to test positive for COVID-19 since the F1 season started this month.

The fourth and fifth races will both be staged at Silverstone in the upcoming two weekends.  

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.