August 21, 2026 07:23 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Rahul Gandhi stages dharna at Delhi police station over CJP protest crackdown, targets Amit Shah | CJP school tour turns chaotic in Jaipur: Cars vandalised, stones pelted as Ashutosh Ranka alleges BJP ‘goons’ attack | Vande Mataram row: Kangana Ranaut slams Sharmila Tagore, says ‘come out of Hindu-Muslim mindset’ | Jadavpur erupts again: ABVP-SFI clash, police barricades shattered as fresh tension grips area | Ex-Congress MP and 1984 anti-Sikh riots convict Sajjan Kumar dies while serving life sentence | India hits back at Pakistan: Structures outside High Commission demolished in Delhi | ‘Don’t daydream about my bedroom’: Kangana Ranaut fires back at Ramdev over ‘Gen Z’ row | Jadavpur University erupts at midnight: ABVP-Left student groups clash over meeting, BJP-CPI(M) leaders trade barbs | Vijay govt calls for action to stop students, youth from joining CJP, Left protests | Kolkata hotel fire kills 9: Bengal Minister Agnimitra Paul targets ex-TMC govt, CESC over licences
PSG
Image: Unsplash

PSG announce three more COVID-19 cases, six in total

| @indiablooms | Sep 04, 2020, at 10:15 pm

Paris/Xinhua: Three more Paris Saint-Germain players tested positive for COVID-19, taking the total number of infected within the squad to six.

"The latest tests for PCR SarsCoV2 carried out on the Paris Saint-Germain first team confirmed three new positive cases," the French Ligue 1 title holders said in a statement on Thursday.

"The players are following the appropriate health measures."

The club didn't revealed the names of the three players, but French sports paper L'Equipe reported that the new three cases are Brazilian defender Marquinhos, Argentinian striker Mauro Icardi and Costa Rican goalkeeper Keylor Navas.

Neymar, Angel Di Maria and Leandro Paredes, as previously reported, were the first three to be confirmed infected one day prior.
All six spent a holiday on the Spanish island of Ibiza after PSG's Champions League final loss against Bayern Munich on August 23.

PSG are due to play their first league match of the new season away at Lens on September 10, but the current situation has cast doubt on whether the match will go ahead.

French football's governing body has ruled that a team must cancel its training sessions if four or more positive COVID-19 cases are found, with the possibility that its matches could also be postponed.

But L'Equipe reported that the league is considering softening the restriction to decree that as long as 20 players of the total 30 on the club's roster test negative, the game can be held.

If the new protocol is confirmed, it will allow the PSG-Lens game to go ahead.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.