August 21, 2026 10:53 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Rahul Gandhi stages dharna at Delhi police station over CJP protest crackdown, targets Amit Shah | CJP school tour turns chaotic in Jaipur: Cars vandalised, stones pelted as Ashutosh Ranka alleges BJP ‘goons’ attack | Vande Mataram row: Kangana Ranaut slams Sharmila Tagore, says ‘come out of Hindu-Muslim mindset’ | Jadavpur erupts again: ABVP-SFI clash, police barricades shattered as fresh tension grips area | Ex-Congress MP and 1984 anti-Sikh riots convict Sajjan Kumar dies while serving life sentence | India hits back at Pakistan: Structures outside High Commission demolished in Delhi | ‘Don’t daydream about my bedroom’: Kangana Ranaut fires back at Ramdev over ‘Gen Z’ row | Jadavpur University erupts at midnight: ABVP-Left student groups clash over meeting, BJP-CPI(M) leaders trade barbs | Vijay govt calls for action to stop students, youth from joining CJP, Left protests | Kolkata hotel fire kills 9: Bengal Minister Agnimitra Paul targets ex-TMC govt, CESC over licences

KKR releases pacer Mitchell Starc via a text message

| @indiablooms | Nov 14, 2018, at 03:17 pm

Kolkata, Nov 14 (IBNS): Indian Premier League side Kolkata Knight Riders have stopped contract with Australia bowler Mitchell Starc via a text message.

The Kolkata-based team had bought the pacer for a whopping sum of Rs 9.4 crore in 2018.

However, Starc missed the season due to injury.

Starc's leg injury was sustained at the back end of the infamous South Africa Test tour.

As per a report published by the Cricket Australia, But it's more likely Starc will forgo the IPL to rest up ahead of a grueling winter of cricket in the UK where the World Cup and Ashes will be played back to back over a six-month period.

"I got a text message two days ago from the owners of Kolkata saying I've been released from my contract," Starc  was quoted as saying by Cricket Australia.

"At the moment I'll be home in April," he said.

"I obviously didn't go last year with my tibia injury and it was a great opportunity to freshen the body up, let everything heal by itself," the Australian said.

"I guess barring a little niggle in my hammy I've felt pretty good with my body and my strength and the rest of it," he said.

"That little period of time has really paid off for the body. If I don't play the IPL next year it's a good opportunity to freshen up for a massive six months of cricket in the UK," he said.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.