August 17, 2026 02:04 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
After SC rebuke, BCI chief apologises to NALSAR students over enrolment freeze row | Independence Day: PM Modi’s big youth pitch— AI training, free coaching amid exam row and job concerns | ‘Shakti Ki Saptadhara’: Modi reveals 7 pillars to power India’s next leap in his I-Day speech from Red Fort | West Bengal STF arrests 3 more suspected Pakistani spies in Cooch Behar | Bengal man arrested in Bengaluru over terror links, Afghanistan travel plan | Ajit Doval breaks silence on Operation Sindoor in Discovery’s explosive new docuseries | Rahul Gandhi's 'mock hug' taunt sparks row; Centre stresses 'mutual respect' with Italy | Delhi on high alert: Bomb threat to High Court, airport and multiple locations ahead of I-Day | ‘Who are they to interfere?’: CJI Surya Kant slams Bar Council of India over NALSAR students’ enrolment row | 'Shows how low Congress has sunk': BJP slams Rahul Gandhi over Modi foreign policy jibe
Lakhimpur Violence
Image Credit: IBNS File

Yogi govt's action taken in Lakhimpur incident not satisfactory: Supreme Court

| @indiablooms | Oct 08, 2021, at 07:26 pm

New Delhi/IBNS: The Supreme Court Friday said the action taken by the ruling Yogi Adityanath government in UP in the Lakhimpur Kheri violence, where eight people including four farmers were killed, was not satisfactory, media reports said.

"We are not satisfied with the action taken so far by the state government," the top court said as quoted by NDTV.

The top court had asked the state government to file a status report Friday.

A petition was filed seeking action in the killing of the farmers in Lakhimpur.

Eight people including four farmers died during a violence which broke out in Tikunia village in Uttar Pradesh's Lakhimpur Kheri between the agitators and individuals belonging to the convoy of Union Minister Ajay Mishra's son Ashish Mishra Sunday.

A First Information Report (FIR) has been registered against Ashish in connection with the incident.

No arrest has yet been made in connection with the incident.

As per reports, Ashish Mishra, the main accused who was summoned by police Friday, has fled to Nepal.

The latest incident is going to have political ramifications in Uttar Pradesh, which will head to assembly polls in a few months' time, with the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) seeking the second consecutive term under Chief Minister Adityanath in the backdrop of the alleged COVID-19 mismanagement.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.