August 20, 2026 09:40 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Vijay govt calls for action to stop students, youth from joining CJP, Left protests | Kolkata hotel fire kills 9: Bengal Minister Agnimitra Paul targets ex-TMC govt, CESC over licences | Kolkata hotel fire: 9 Bangladeshi nationals, including women and a child, die in massive blaze | Tarun Tejpal faces life term? Goa govt moves Supreme Court after 2013 rape conviction | Supreme Court rejects ‘less painful’ death penalty plea, but leaves door open for future change | ‘Vulgarity and disgust’: DMK attacks Vijay over Trisha salute at I-Day event | ‘Take Gyanesh Kumar to the US’: Congress mocks Trump over praise for India’s voter ID system | Big relief for Imran Khan: Pakistan Supreme Court orders hospital transfer amid health fears | Trump praises India’s voter ID system, pushes SAVE America Act | Trump's shock threat to bomb Oman: US President warns ally over Iran deal and Hormuz crisis
Rescue Operation
(From L to R) India and Iran National Flags. Photo: Wikipedia

Three Indians, who were abducted in Iran, rescued

| @indiablooms | Jun 04, 2025, at 12:56 pm

Tehran/IBNS: Three Indians, who were abducted in Iran last month, have been rescued by the Tehran Police after India government's swift intervention in the matter, media reports said.

The three men from Punjab were lured by a travel agency with promises of a safe route and jobs in Australia.

Shortly after their arrival in Tehran, the men- Amritpal Singh from Hoshiarpur, Jaspal Singh from Shaheed Bhagat Singh Nagar, and Hushanpreet Singh from Sangrur- were kidnapped.

The traffickers had dialled the victims' families for ransom.

The kidnapping was reported to the Tehran Police on May 1.

The Indian authorities were alerted after the ransom calls started flooding into the families of the victims.

The families said the kidnappers are demanding Rs. 1 crore as ransom.

A video of the men tied up in yellow ropes and blood dripping from their arms was sent by the kidnappers, the families told NDTV.

They claimed the kidnappers threatened to kill them if their demands were not met.

The families claimed the kidnapped individuals kept in touch with them through the phones of their abductors.

However, they have not been in touch with them since May 11, the family members claimed.

India's Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) swung into action and worked with Tehran for the rescue of the men.

The victims were freed in a police operation by Tehran against the hostage takers in Varamin.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.