August 17, 2026 12:49 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
After SC rebuke, BCI chief apologises to NALSAR students over enrolment freeze row | Independence Day: PM Modi’s big youth pitch— AI training, free coaching amid exam row and job concerns | ‘Shakti Ki Saptadhara’: Modi reveals 7 pillars to power India’s next leap in his I-Day speech from Red Fort | West Bengal STF arrests 3 more suspected Pakistani spies in Cooch Behar | Bengal man arrested in Bengaluru over terror links, Afghanistan travel plan | Ajit Doval breaks silence on Operation Sindoor in Discovery’s explosive new docuseries | Rahul Gandhi's 'mock hug' taunt sparks row; Centre stresses 'mutual respect' with Italy | Delhi on high alert: Bomb threat to High Court, airport and multiple locations ahead of I-Day | ‘Who are they to interfere?’: CJI Surya Kant slams Bar Council of India over NALSAR students’ enrolment row | 'Shows how low Congress has sunk': BJP slams Rahul Gandhi over Modi foreign policy jibe
Image Credit: Pixabay

Six arrested in MP's Ujjain for pro-Pakistan slogan during Muharram procession

| @indiablooms | Aug 22, 2021, at 06:54 am

Ujjain: Six people were held in Madhya Pradesh's Ujjain for allegedly raising pro-Pakistan slogans during a Muharram procession on Thursday.

Police made the arrests after a video clip of the incident surfaced.

Police said some of the accused have been identified while the identity of the others is being ascertained.

The incident happened when police stopped the Muharram procession passing through Ujjain's Geeta Colony area as such activities are not allowed due to Covid-19 restrictions.

Irked by the disruption, some persons in the procession started raising pro-Pakistan slogans.

The video went viral on Thursday night but Police waited till morning to scan the CCTV footage.

"We have arrested six persons and detained some of the suspects. They are being interrogated. Rest of the accused are absconding they will be arrested soon," Superintendent of Police Satendra Kumar Shukla was quoted as saying by NDTV.

Shukla said 10 persons were identified based on the video clip and they were aged between 20 - 25 years.

He said the district administration had already spoken to the organizers and they had agreed to not take out the procession as all public processions and gatherings are banned due to Covid-19 restrictions.

Reacting to the incident, Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Chouhan said had taken a strong stand on the incident and "the Taliban mentality would not be tolerated at any cost".

 

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.