August 17, 2026 01:27 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
After SC rebuke, BCI chief apologises to NALSAR students over enrolment freeze row | Independence Day: PM Modi’s big youth pitch— AI training, free coaching amid exam row and job concerns | ‘Shakti Ki Saptadhara’: Modi reveals 7 pillars to power India’s next leap in his I-Day speech from Red Fort | West Bengal STF arrests 3 more suspected Pakistani spies in Cooch Behar | Bengal man arrested in Bengaluru over terror links, Afghanistan travel plan | Ajit Doval breaks silence on Operation Sindoor in Discovery’s explosive new docuseries | Rahul Gandhi's 'mock hug' taunt sparks row; Centre stresses 'mutual respect' with Italy | Delhi on high alert: Bomb threat to High Court, airport and multiple locations ahead of I-Day | ‘Who are they to interfere?’: CJI Surya Kant slams Bar Council of India over NALSAR students’ enrolment row | 'Shows how low Congress has sunk': BJP slams Rahul Gandhi over Modi foreign policy jibe
Raj Kundra
Image: UNI

Shilpa Shety's husband Raj Kundra files fresh bail plea, denies role in alleged porn case

| @indiablooms | Sep 18, 2021, at 11:46 pm

Mumbai/UNI: In a fresh bail application, businessman Raj Kundra, an accused in the pornographic content case, on Saturday once again denied the charges levelled against him.

He claimed that the supplementary charge sheet filed by the prosecution last week is silent on his role and on him being involved in creation of alleged questionable content.

In the bail plea, he said he was being made a "scapegoat" and there is not even an iota of evidence till date with the prosecution that would connect the app 'Hotshots' with an offence under law.

The crime branch, probing the case, had recently filed a supplementary charge sheet against Kundra and three others in the case pertaining to alleged creation of pornographic films and publishing them through some apps.

After that, the accused approached the metropolitan court for bail, saying the investigation in the case was practically over.

Kundra, husband of Bollywood actor Shilpa Shetty, was arrested on July 19 after being booked under relevant sections of the IPC and the Information Technology Act. He is currently in judicial custody.

The bail plea also said that there is not a single allegation in the entire supplementary charge sheet against the present applicant (Kundra) that he was actively involved in any of the video.

The application will come up for hearing on Monday.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.