August 17, 2026 02:03 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
After SC rebuke, BCI chief apologises to NALSAR students over enrolment freeze row | Independence Day: PM Modi’s big youth pitch— AI training, free coaching amid exam row and job concerns | ‘Shakti Ki Saptadhara’: Modi reveals 7 pillars to power India’s next leap in his I-Day speech from Red Fort | West Bengal STF arrests 3 more suspected Pakistani spies in Cooch Behar | Bengal man arrested in Bengaluru over terror links, Afghanistan travel plan | Ajit Doval breaks silence on Operation Sindoor in Discovery’s explosive new docuseries | Rahul Gandhi's 'mock hug' taunt sparks row; Centre stresses 'mutual respect' with Italy | Delhi on high alert: Bomb threat to High Court, airport and multiple locations ahead of I-Day | ‘Who are they to interfere?’: CJI Surya Kant slams Bar Council of India over NALSAR students’ enrolment row | 'Shows how low Congress has sunk': BJP slams Rahul Gandhi over Modi foreign policy jibe
Aryan Khan | drugs case
Image credit: Aryan Khan Instagram

Shah Rukh Khan's son Aryan denied bail in drugs case, to spend weekend in Mumbai jail

| @indiablooms | Oct 09, 2021, at 02:00 am

Mumbai/IBNS: Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan's son-Aryan Khan- has been denied bail in connection with the drugs-on-cruise case.

He will be lodged at Mumbai's Arthur Road jail over the weekend.

A Mumbai magistrate's court on Friday said that Aryan's bail plea was "not maintainable", agreeing with the Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) that since drugs were seized a Sessions Court must hear the matter.

The court also rejected bail pleas from two other accused - Arbaaz Merchant and Munmun Dhamechat.

All three will now have to approach the Sessions Court for bail.

Arguing against Aryan's bail petition, the NCB said releasing him could harm the case.

The drug-control agency claimed he could tamper with evidence and influence witnesses.

The NCB also insisted that Aryan and the other accused were "regular users of contraband".

"They are influential persons... is a chance of tampering with evidence. Had it been one person with small quantity, it would be different. We have a lot of material... protection like bail at this stage will hamper the investigation," Additional Solicitor General Anil Singh said.

He said Aryan has to be confronted with others arrested, referring to Achit Kumar; who was nabbed on the basis of the former's statement.

However, Aryan's lawyer, Satish Maneshinde, underlined that the NCB had not found drugs either on his client's person or in his bags.

Aryan, 23, and seven others were arrested after a raid at a party on a cruise ship off the coast of Mumbai Saturday night by the NCB.

Though no drugs were found on him, the drug-control agency had made the case based on his WhatsApp chats that suggested involvement of international drug cartels and needed deeper scrutiny.

Aryan had been remanded to judicial custody for 14 days by a Mumbai court on Thursday.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.